4 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. First make the right choice of the length of the micro-needle you plan to according to your skin condition.
2. Wash thoroughly your hands and face before the procedure, rub well all areas to remove bacterias.
3. You need to use any cream which makes your skin moist.
4. For the most sensitive patients a topical numbing cream can be used.
5. The Derma Roller should be used with short rolling movements. These have to be meticoulously done, in orderly manner and without leaving a centimeter of skin without rolling. Homogeneity and uniformity of strikes, all performed with same strenght and pressure on the device, will assure a smooth result. Follow 3 steps of needling to enhance the forming of the micro-channels. You have to roll in 3 directions on each area of your face: Horizontally, vertically, and diagonal around 7 to 15 times on each movement. Don’t roll twice on a previously treated area on the same session.
6. Apply a cool mask or cold packs after a Derma Roller session. It has the effect of easing and eliminating post-session redness.
7. Use of a moisturizing serum is advisable
8. Use a sun blocking cream during 7 days after the procedure.
9. Allow an interval of 4-6 weeks between the procedures to get good results.
10. Other procedures such as subcision, punch elevation may need to be combined for optimal results in acne scars.
Clean the Derma roller: Wash thoroughly your dermaroller unit, with water and soap. Brush away any residual debris after using it. Then soak about 5-8 minutes with 90% alcohol, or use ultraviolet to disinfect for about 45 minutes. You can also use a cold sterilizer like Clorexhidine solution. Do not use chlorine, autoclaves, steam and high temperature sterilization methods.
1) Do not share the unit with other people
2) Do not roll too much more than indicated time. If skin shows hypersensitive response, consult with your doctor.
3) Keep the micro needle part always clean and dry
4) Store in a safe place out of the reach of children.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Stretch Marks Treatment treatment