I have pain in my jaw joint in front and below the ear from long time. May I know what is the problem? Why this happens?

I have pain in my jaw joint in front and below the ear fr...
It could b tmj arthralgia it occurs if you open your mouth wide or any injury or some diseases like arthritis avoid opening wide give rest to joint.
avoid exposure to cold, use butaproxyvon so,2/day+gentle jaw exercises x10 days,
Hi lybrate-user, There could be two reasons behind the pain you are experiencing. Either you have a decayed tooth (not necessarily visible with naked eye) since a long time which is causing non-specific pain in the jaw, radiating to the ear; or you you have a hyper-mobile joint (temporomandibular joint- which connects lower jaw to the skull). In case of a decayed tooth, it is ,quite likely that you may have to undergo an RCT. However, in case of a problem with the joint, you may be required to take some muscle relaxants and adopt an soft-diet regime for a few days, to give the joint some rest. Kindly consult me privately on Lybrate for more specific answers. Take care.