My child is 7 years of age. From 2 years she is holding lower lips by teeth almost full day and night. Inspite of counselling no changes. Because of so much pressure on teeth I think now there is a gap between front teeth. So it doesn't look good in appearance what should I do now to correct her habit and the caused gap ? Gap is almost 3 to 3.5 mm. I have heard about braces to close the gap. What are the chances Nd should I do it for her or not? What a cost if I want to correct it? Please suggest.

My child is 7 years of age. From 2 years she is holding l...
first thing the habit should be intercepted. you should consult some orthodontist who can guide you better. braces may be placed after correction of habit.
Mr. Lybrate-user, your son is too young to undergo braces/ fixed orthodontics. But, at the same time, only counselling would not be of much help. Please ask your dentist/ a paediatric dentist about habit breaking appliances. These would definitely help your son. And ofcourse, the spaces could be corrected, at a later stage. It's good that you are cautious, you will definitely get a proper outcome if you start on time.
There are two appliances one is a lip bumper which can be worn on lower teeth and other. Is trainer a myofunctional appliances. Both can be obtained from expirinced dental specialist.