I am suffering from tooth sensitivity receding gums exposing tooth dentin visible in front lower incisors. * Teeth looks a little transparent and cracked but otherwise normally strong. * Mouth feels dry. * Mild burning sensation throughout the jaw and gums. 5 years back I had accidental cigarette butt/ash ingestion (nicotine poisoning. I had these symptoms since then. Is nicotine poisoning responsible? I do had aggressive brushing habit or is it because of that? What kind of treatment will be required.

I am suffering from tooth sensitivity receding gums expos...
Dear, from what little information I could gather from your letter it looks like the recession of your gums and sensitivity are both related to your aggressive brushing habit. Excessive force applied during brushing causes abnormal wear of the insulating layer of teeth called enamel, as a result the underlying sensitive layer called dentin gets exposed. Recession of gums due to wrong brushing causes a tissue on root surface of teeth called cementum to be exposed & this is another common cause of sensitivity. I would recommend correcting your brushing technique, using a soft bristled brush with desensitizing paste and avoiding citrus fruits for a while. Mild burning sensations that you are complaining of, could be due to gingivitis, I would suggest that you consult a periodontist to get definitive diagnosis as some conditions can only be diagnosed in the clinic. Symptoms of acute nicotine poisoning will not last beyond a few days so don't worry about it.