Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have arthritis problem , doctor said me not use steps but my house is in 2nd floor . To withstand this what I have to do? Any natural medicines and physiotherapy to cure it ? Doctor said me , if I continue using staircases my knees has to be replaced . I am totally worried. I need a natural treatment.

2 Doctors Answered
I have arthritis problem , doctor said me not use steps b...
If your knee were in pain while you are using staircase. You should try to avoid staircase and do the x-rays of your knees, there were problem you should go for consultation with joint replacement surgeon.
You found this helpful
I have arthritis problem , doctor said me not use steps b...
Hello lybrate user arthritis in old age especially in weight bearing joints is common. Its disorder of joint. A condition related to joint has not cured totally only prevented. Joints articulated surface became rough and irregular & cartilage torn. We can restore a joint by avoiding some position as squatting, fast climbing stair without support, avoid heavy weight lifting, forward bending position s, etc. Pain and stiffness can reduce by physiotherapy treatment. To provide strength to muscle exercises are advisable under supervision of good qualified physiotherapist only. By using knee brace or support your joint remains stable. In case of severe arthritis suggested by practioner then joints need replacement. But these days replacement surgeries become more comfortable with best results.
You found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.