Dear Doc I want to use braces on my teeth. Some of my tooth look very uncomfortable. And some of my friends telling that braces will give you pain. And you will be not able to eat your too. So it's sounds scary? Can you please suggest me that these is rumors or its good to get braces on teeth and have a perfect smile. Thanks.

Dear Doc
I want to use braces on my teeth. Some of my too...
Hi lybrate-user. That's a good concern you have. Braces treatment would definately improve your biologic as well well as cosmetic condition. So in the process a bit of discomfort will be there. Some people can have low threshold in the body and can feel it as pain. But it's all temporary and lasts for few hrs to couple of days in the initial days. It definately wudnt last through out the treatment. But in a nut shell when the treatment is completed. It's definately worth to have a well aligned teeth which is cosmetically nice and easy to maintain the oral hygiene. Do not get carried away with rumors and visit your orthodontist.
Dear Doc
It always good to have a perfect smile. Anything which is good takes time and we have to come out our comfort zone. You can have any food, pain is not severe. And end result is worth the discomfort and patience.
Dear Doc
Lybrate-user orthodontic treatment is not at all painful except for some discomfort from time to time when there may be adjustments to the wires. You are able to eat practically everything but with some caution so as not to break the braces, which if it happens ends up increasing your treatment time.