Recently I had unprotected oral with a man. He tried to penetrate me unprotected and it went in about half an inch and probably not past the sphincter for about 1 second before I left as I felt disgusted. I soon got a cough and blocked nose which have been almost gone due to medication. Yesterday I found a swollen lymph gland on the right of my neck and left armpit. Today I feel slightly giddy but not much. Is hiv testing warranted or could the glands swelling be due to the cough.

Recently I had unprotected oral with a man. He tried to p...
This is most probably due to an infection in your respiratory tract. Hiv will not be so early to produce signs. But hiv test is warranted since you had unprotected.
Dear lybrate-user, it's most likely due to cough! however if in doubt you may go for hiv test but go good after 3 months, now onwards. Let me know the report.
Lybrate-user don't worrying you are suffering with uri. Get cbc esr tec and xray chest. Take antibiotics and anti-allergic. Donot worry. After 3 month of exposure you please check for hiv to be 100% sure.
U have severe throat infection due to oral sex, hiv does not show so quick response get checked.