Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 21 year old male and my tongue upper surface gone black? Many medicine and tube use but no effect. What I can for this?

2 Doctors Answered
•If your cavity in the tooth is caused by decay, your dentist will remove the decayed area and replace it with a filling. •If the pulp inside your tooth is infected, you may need root canal treatment. This procedure involves removing the infected pulp and then inserting a special type of filling to seal the tooth and prevent re-infection.
This could be due to poor oral hygiene smoking, and sometimes due to some medicines. So clean your tongue properly with tongue cleaner or back side of tooth brush, if you are a smoker then stop smoking. If you are taking any medicine from long time then consult the doctor for this.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.