Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 25 years old. I am getting sensitivity problem in teeth. So what toothpaste actually I should use? Problem arise more with cold stuff.

2 Doctors Answered
Your teeth or tooth might have got attitude due to habit of chewing any hard-rough food stuff or may be you have used hard tooth brush. As far as tooth paste is concerned you can use sensodyne tooth paste with a soft tooth brush. Further if not relieved we can advice you with more advanced medicated tooth paste and clinical treatment as needed.
Hi lybrate-user. It's a very genuine problem which you posted. Sensitive teeth can be few or many teeth. Basically this happens due to enamel (top most layer) of the teeth getting thinner or at times due to chipping off the layer. And initially it wud be sensitive to cold air, cold foods, cold drinks and sweets. Further as the problem increases it will gradually be sensitive to hot foods as well. There are two courses of action for this 1. Management of the condition as temporary means by tooth pastes containing potassium nitrate or strontium chloride. But all this is temporary 2. Treatment wud be a definitive course for this treatment. Could be done with layers fillings or other means kindly visit your dentist for the appropriate therapy hope I answered you well
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.