Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 18 years old boy. My one tooth is half broken and got black. What should I do.

4 Doctors Answered
Hey man, had you experienced any accident you said your tooth is broken and now it got black in colour means your tooth is damaged with all 3 layers enamel; dentin; and pulp you should consult the dentist for treatment of your tooth get the xray done with that perticulor tooth. See the frature line of broken tooth if it is above the cej you can go for root canal treatment and then restore your natural tooth with post and core. If xray shows any damage in root portion then you will have to go for extraction of tooth. After extraction also you can do bridge or implant whatever you want.
1 person found this helpful
Hii lybrate-user. Your tooth has decay (caries)/received trauma and got infected. You might need root canal treatment (rct) and crown to save your teeth. So kindly visit a dentist.
1 person found this helpful
Get an xray done. If the decay is extensive n infection is present, rct n capping'll b done. If the decay is less, filling n capping'll b done. Contact your nearby dentist.
If the tooth breaks, have the tooth contoured. Fill the crack in. Place a crown on your tooth. If the tooth has been badly damaged and the nerve or pulp is exposed, the dentist may have to perform a root canal to save the tooth. If the tooth has been severely damaged, it may have to be extracted.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.