My father is 63 years old and he is suffering from tooth pain. What should he do?

My father is 63 years old and he is suffering from tooth ...
Give him analgesics first so that he will get relief from pain. Go to nearby dentist and let him examine the teeth. If there is any cavity in tooth he will tell you the treatment for that.
Hi, there are various reasons for tooth pain. You need to visit to dentist for a check-up and get some x-rays done to get exact cause and solution of your problem. Regards
The type of treatment you have for toothache will depend on the cause of the pain, so your dentist will examine your mouth and may carry out an X-ray to try to identify the problem. •If your toothache is caused by tooth decay, your dentist will remove the decayed area and replace it with a filling. •If your toothache is caused by a loose or broken filling, the filling will be taken out, any decay will be removed and a new filling put in place. •If the pulp inside your tooth is infected, you may need root canal treatment. This procedure involves removing the infected pulp and then inserting a special type of filling to seal the tooth and prevent re-infection. •If your toothache can't be treated using these methods, or if your tooth is impacted (wedged between another tooth and your jaw), it may need to be removed.