My mother in law weighs 115 kg. Also she is having gaps in her knees. It seems very painful to her while walking. She is bearing this from 20 to 25 years. What should be done?

My mother in law weighs 115 kg. Also she is having gaps i...
Dear lybrate-user, For the knees - Gentle massage over knees with lukewarm herbal pain relieving oils daily for about 15-20 minutes and hot fomentation afterwards will greatly help in subsiding the pain. Ayurveda’s Panchakarma offers specialized treatment of JANU BASTI for knee pains - these procedures would give strength to your knee and reduce the pain and stiffness. Regular oiling the joint will improve the lubrication also. Use knee caps over the joints and avoid over exertion of the joint. Avoid sitting crossed legs. For Excess Weight - Go for a complete detox of your body with the help of ayurveda's Panchakarma therapy. It includes Abhyangam (Massage with medicated oils) n medicated steam bath. This wud rejuvenate your body - improving your work efficiency and bettering your sleep. It will also strengthen your nerves and muscles. These procedures will take out the harmful toxins out of your body - cleansing your body. Some specialized therapies as Panchakarma are needed for Weight loss (Lekhana BAsti etc.).