10 years experience
Ask Free Question
The condition of yours is called gastro esophageal reflux disorder (gerd).
You may try some lifestyle changes like below:
1. Avoid liquid diet for dinner
2. Donot drink any liquids before going to sleep.
3. Avoid spicy food 4. Maintain 30 degrees head end elevation of the bed.
5. Maintain a gap of atleast 2 hours between dinner and sleep time.
6. Avoid forceful cleaning of your throat in the morning.
If your problem did not get over by above lifestyle changes. Please consult gastroenterologist and get ugi endoscopy done to rule out any other problems.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.