Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My friend is having big teeth which do not suit to his face. Also they are somewhat outwards. Dentist refused to do wiring because of weak gums. Please tell what to do.

4 Doctors Answered
before ortho treatment (Wiring) go for periodontist(gum specialist doctor).
1 person found this helpful
Weak gums can be treated by gum flap surgery and bone grafting. After this surgery gum health as well as supporting jaw bone will improve, which is needed to have successful braces treatment for a good smile.
1 person found this helpful
Consult a orthodontist u may require braces
1 person found this helpful
orthodontic wire treatment can be done if the gums are in good health. Get a OPG done and consult a periodontist at once, so he can evaluate your gum condition n give a green signal for your ortho treatment
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.