Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello sir! I am 23 years old and I am suffering from Painless mucosal degeneration problem. Now my mucosa layer of my oral have got degenerated and I checked up many time from doctors. But they only suggested me vitamins tablets but still it do not have cured. It is painless patches in my mouth. Some time small blister occur in my mouth. What I do and which type of check up can cured my problem. please suggest me which type of blood test I do.

1 Doctor Answered
a mouth ulcer that does not heal within 2 or 3 weeks should be examined by a health care professional like a dentist, oral physician, oral surgeon/ maxillofacial surgeon). following special investigations may be involved: blood tests (vitamin deficiency, anemia, leukemia, Epstein-Barr virus, HIV infection, diabetes) microbiological swabs (infection), or urinalysis (diabetes) . A biopsy (minor procedure to cut out a small sample of the ulcer to look at under a microscope) , to rule out cancer, but also if a systemic disease is suspected. Ulcers caused by local trauma are painful to touch and sore.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.