Hi I have pain on my left upper jaw and due to which feel facial Pain as well on left Head Skull and it remains on for entire day. I have this pain for last 15 years and done already MRI and found nothing. Now one of doctor has advised me to have Nerve Block treatment. Would like to know if it is safe or will have side-effects on my future life. My age is 45. Request your confirmation.

Hi I have pain on my left upper jaw and due to which feel...
Treatment suggested may be because your pain diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia. You may please try to see any mal-occlusion of teeth causing trauma to your temporo-Mandibular joint causing such extensive pain. Please do consultation for TMJ pain and occlusal splint.
U will have to give details of pain as u describe it appears trigeminal neuralgia , what all med u have already taken on a pic of ur face draw out line of the pain path n send on line
A nerve block may be right for you if you have facial pain that does not respond to other treatments.Talk to your physician about it.
Try temporomandibular joint correction using a splint. Check the expert for occlusal problems.
Dear lybrate-user, nerve block treatment is generally safe if performed by a qualified practitioner. Any treatment can have its side effects. You should ask your treating doctor to explain the procedure and its side effects to you. You should also ask your doctor any questions and doubts you have. Your doctor knows what is the procedure to be performed. To understand your problem in detail I would like t have your symptoms and reports in detail. You may consult me or have a second opinion by a qualified practitioner.