Hi, I want to know the difference between FACO, MICS and FAMTO. I also want to know which lence is best/Safe for both visions (Far and Short). The patient is aged 58, diagonsed very initial stage cataract, enhancement in numbers of glasses from 1 to 2. She is diagonsed for Cataract surgery. Doctor also said that he may remove her glasses by surgery.

I think you mean phaco. It is actually short for phacoemulsification which is a type of cataract surgery where we emulsify the cataract in the eye. It requires a small incision. Depending upon the type of lens you opt the incision given will vary form 2. 6mm to 3. 2mm. Mics is a variant of phaco where the incision will be 2. 2mm. In femto the incisions are given by laser and the cataract will be softened by laser but the rest of the procedure will be done by phaco itself. If you want to opt for intaocular lenses which will give both clarity for near and distant vision then you will have to go for multi-focal iols. It has both advantages and disadvantages (like glare etc.) discuss it with the surgeon itself.