Hello doctor.Good day,
My 3 years old son has got his several teeth decay. Front 4 (upper) teeth have leveled upto the gum and the pulp have been exposed. 8 molar teeth (both upper and lower) have deep decay and dentin exposed badly. Other few teeth enamel has partially damaged.
For your information, he had habit to sleep with milk bottle. But now that has been stopped completely.
Now he can not eat properly, occasionally complain pain.
In such situation kindly advise as I have following questions:
1) If this issue is totally untreated, should this caries continue to his permanent teeth in future.
2) What is the best possible treatment plan.
3) is there any temporary relief or means of protection of existing teeth.
4) is general anesthetia is necessary for pulpotomy (if necessary).
5) Does he require to be examined for deficiency of calcium or similar component in body.
Don't worry now doctor has told you to save the milk teeth otherwise permanent teeth will get affected .
General anaesthesia is done for young child and when multiple teeth involved for treatment so it can be done.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.