Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I was a volleyball player and used to jump frequently during my practice. Now I am 47 years old and my knees pain heavily and specially so when I climb down the stairs. What should I do for this ?

2 Doctors Answered
It might be some overuse injury to some internal part of the knee you should avoid stair climbing and go for a complete chekup to get correct diagnosis.
Should go for xray first. Find out the cause of pain. Before that do not ascend descend stairs running jumping. If x ray shows normality Nd still you have problem then I will strongly suggest you to go for MRI as probably there will be chances of ? injured ligamentd .
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.