Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My son age 1.6years he has 'nursing bottle Carrie' syndrome and we have consulted two dentist and they suggest me for RCT and I am so much worried because of my child is to infant, kindly suggest me the best treatment procedure ASAP.

4 Doctors Answered
It seems you have gingival pockets formation which is mainly due to ill fitting crown and bridges orelse because of bone loss .A full mouth xray (OPG) has to be seen before advising so kindly get OPG done n send it me n will give you the best possible relief for sure..without OPG I can only advice you to go for salt lukewarm water rinses mixed with 1 powered clove for 1 week and surely you get to see good results but results could be temporary until underlying cause is detected in OPG xray.
i understand your son is small.but the procedure has to take place for reasons as to that we can not leave the child in pain nor can we remove the teeth as pre mature removal will cause a distorted permanant dentition at later better consult a proper pedodontist in your area.if your child is non cooperative procedure can be done under general anaesthesia too.but the procedure is must
at 18 months i think it would be difficult for root canal treatment.. is there any pain in those teeth.. can u plz send us any prescription or any photos if taken .as of now try to maintain good oral hygiene by cleaning tooth surface by wet gauge after taking milk etc..hope it helps .. send us all documents so tht we can help u better..
plz make sure u maintain a good oral hygiene for ur child..and yes if they are badly decayed he will require rct treatment as removal of teeth is not recmmended.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.