Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My Mother is nearing 83, weight about 73 kg with medium height. She's having pain in her knees and is not able to walk without stick or a walker. Should she be operated for knee replacement or any alternative treatment you suggest

1 Doctor Answered
She can try with some exercises and medication. Nowadays a intra articular injection is also given, you can try these. But if no relief then surgery.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.