I am a 1st year mbbs student. I am having sensory hearing loss in my left ear since 30 days. I was misdiagnosed earlier so I got late in taking steroids. I have tried oral steroids and it didn't work. Now I am trying intratympanic steroidal injection. Please let me know that is there any other treatment for this sensory hearing loss. I will contact you and will come to you if there is any treatment. Help me. Please reply soon.

I am a 1st year mbbs student. I am having sensory hearing...
If it is sensorineural loss. Steroids may not help that much. First I need to see your audiogram. If possible get a tympanometry done too to ensure conductive or sensorineural loss differential diagnosis. Also we need to know the cause and onset of this hearing loss.
Dear lybrate-user, At present, you should rely on your treating doctor, intratympanic steroids are helpful. You can also go for hyperbaric oxygen treatment. These are the two possible treatment in your condition. In addition to that, have your routine audiometry done to see the improvement. But as you rightly said time is the key in these type of treatments. Best of luck.