Hi I am 23 years male and I am having excessive hairloss since past one year, at first I thought the cause of my hair loss could be the drastic change in my diet as I moved from my hometown to some other place for work where I was not having enough healthy food but it was later when I realized that I am losing hairs more then ever and the density of hairs on my head got less and at times even my scalp is visible, I had got very much concerned and consulted trichologist a month ago. After diagnosing me at first she claimed that I may have male pattern baldness and asked me if I have a family history of baldness which I clearly denied, then she asked me to have tests like CBC, TSH and Ferritin, the results of which are Red Blood Cell Count "5.73" HIGH 4.5-5.5 Hemoglobin "12.4" LOW 13.0-17.0 Hematocrit "39.0" LOW 40 -50 Mean Corpuscular vol "68" LOW 83-101 Mean Corpuscular HGB "21.6" LOW 27.0-32.0 Red Cell Distribution Width "16.3" HIGH 11.6-14.0 Rest all are in normal range in CBC. RBC====> MILD ANISOCYTOSIS SEEN, NORMOCYTES, microcytic WITH HYPOCHROMASIA (+) SEEN. FERRITIN "116.1" 22-322 (normal) TSH 3rd Generation "1.424" 0.55-4.78 (normal) After seeing my test report the doctor has confirmed that I have IRON DEFICIENCY ANEMIA and it is because of which I am having excessive hair loss and prescribed me with 1 month iron tablet fered XT which is 100 mg Ferrous Ascorbate and 1.5 mg Folic Acid. Now the queries I have are 1) Do I really have iron deficiency anemia? If yes how severe is it? 2) Is this iron deficiency anemia the sole reason for my excessive hairloss? 3) for this test result how long do I have to take iron supplements? 4) how long will it really take for me to see active results in my hair growth? 5) will I get back the hairs I have lost? 6) what could be the main cause of iron deficiency in me? 7) does iron deficiency causes urine urge incontinence? I am facing urine urge incontinence, it is just totally uncontrollable sometimes and I lose it. Waiting for your response. thank you.

you have very little iron deficiency not the cause of hair loss. may male pattern baldness, it requires proper scientific treatment for 2 to 6 months. iron will not be able to effect much. hard water, atmosphere pollution and typhoid fever like illness can increase the hair loss. feel free to ask privately with details for more scientific suggestions.
Have good BALANCED diet having high protein diet like pulses cheese eggs and meat, do daily exercise regularly avoid using oily n sugary foods and drinks Apply HAIRBLESS lotion 5%at night n take one tab of HAIRBLESS once a day.