Hey doctor. Im 23. I have been noticing receding gums for about 3 years now. I heard these problems are caused in 40s or so. But im too young for this. Is there any home remedy or medicines to cure receding gums and grow back gum line? Im scared of flap surgery. Any painless medical treatment? Please reply ASAP.

Hey doctor. Im 23. I have been noticing receding gums for...
Don't worry, gum problems are common and can happen at any age, depending upon its cause. But you should not take it too casually and you should prefer to visit your dentist for complete check up and examination. Because the treatment varies according to the cause or underlying etiology of your gum problems. The treatment can be as simple as Scaling, where the dentist will clean your every tooth along with the areas difficult to reach by brush only. Regards.
Hi lybrate-user Gums can recede at any age though more common in elderly. Recession can be slowed or stopped only if the cause is removed. In your case it may be due to improper oral hygiene, calculus, improper brushing ,trauma from occlusion, high frenum etc. So I will advise you better Get it evaluated and corrected than to wait for home remedies because it can be too late.