Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hey doctor. Im 23. I have been noticing receding gums for about 3 years now. I heard these problems are caused in 40s or so. But im too young for this. Is there any home remedy or medicines to cure receding gums and grow back gum line? Im scared of flap surgery. Any painless medical treatment? Please reply ASAP.

2 Doctors Answered
Don't worry, gum problems are common and can happen at any age, depending upon its cause. But you should not take it too casually and you should prefer to visit your dentist for complete check up and examination. Because the treatment varies according to the cause or underlying etiology of your gum problems. The treatment can be as simple as Scaling, where the dentist will clean your every tooth along with the areas difficult to reach by brush only. Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Hi lybrate-user Gums can recede at any age though more common in elderly. Recession can be slowed or stopped only if the cause is removed. In your case it may be due to improper oral hygiene, calculus, improper brushing ,trauma from occlusion, high frenum etc. So I will advise you better Get it evaluated and corrected than to wait for home remedies because it can be too late.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.