Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi, doctor. from past 2 years I am facing chronic uti problem, in last 2 months 4 time I suffered with this problem, dr's have given me injections of monocef, medicines but still I not getting well please guide me.

1 Doctor Answered
Please get a urine c/s done. You need to recommence on an antibiotic depending on sensitivity. And then continue long term on a lower dose to prevent re-infection. Also I would suggest you get a fbg and ppbg done to rule out diabetes. Have about three l water daily, use a urinary vitamin like cranmed and use condoms during sex.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.