Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

Hi. I have thyroid before pregnant .before my pregnant my thyroid level is 2.0.whenever I am pregnant thyroid level is increased to 5.50.then I am using tretinoin 62. 5 mcg.yesterday I checked my thyroid level is 5.20.I heard that 1 trimester pregnant lady should have below 2.0.how much throdinum dosage should be use to reduce my thyroid level. Right now I'm using 62. 5 mcg.

lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. During pregnancy it is absolutely essential to maintain TSH levels if the following manner: 1st trimester: 0.1 to 2.5 mU/L, 2nd trimester: 0.3 to 3 mU/L & 3rd Trimester: 0.3 to 3.1 mU/L. Your present level is bit too high. It is better to increase Levothyroxine tablets from 62.5 to 87.5 (by 25 mcg per day) and check TSH after 4 to 6 weeks. For proper fetal development and desired outcome of pregnancy TSH should be maintained in the above range. If you have any doubts please do come back. Thanks.