Treatment of Abnormal Tooth Color
Treatment of Abnormally Shaped Teeth
Treatment of Acrodermatitis Enteropathica
Treatment of Alexander Disease
Treatment of Alkaptonuria
Treatment of Amelogenesis Imperfecta
Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
Treatment of Amelogenesis
Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Management of Anemia In Newborns
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Ataxia Telangiectasia
Treatment of Atrial Septal Defect
Treatment of Bad Breath
Treatment of Baby Bottle Tooth Decay
Treatment of Childhood Disorders
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Biotinidase Deficiency
Submit a review for Deenanath Mangeshkar HospitalYour feedback matters!
One of the most frequent and stubborn skin complaint is that of acnes. Acnes not only blemish the smoothness of the skin, but also cause unnecessary irritation. Certain kinds of acnes are also known to be painful. It's a fairly common phenomenon among teenagers and in some cases, they prevail even in the subsequent years. Acnes have been the cause of anxiety of a large number of people. While the markets are deluged in products that claim to cure acnes, a lot of them don't deliver on their claims. Consequently, a large number of people have resorted to natural therapies for acnes. Among the other remedies, homeopathy is one of the most warranted avenue for acnes. Homeopathy has emerged as a popular antidote to acnes because not only are they largely effective but also they usually have no side-effects on the skin or the body whatsoever.
- Pulsatilla: Acne has a more rampant incidence in girls in comparison to boys. One of the reasons behind this is menstrual irregularities. In such cases, pulsatilla works wonders. They also reduce the acnes, which are triggered by the intake of oily food.
- Hepar Sulphur: Certain abscesses are more painful than the others. While the basic cause of their occurrence remains the same as the less painful ones, excessive perspiration is one of the salient factors in this case. Hepar Sulphur aids in abating the irritations caused by painful eruptions.
- Silicea: Certain skin types are more delicate than the others. In such cases, acne formation is always accompanied with suppuration. In order to tackle the pus formation, homeopathy recommends Silicea. Silicea is effective in cases where the patient is susceptible to cold temperature.
- Natrum Mur: Certain acnes occur due to surplus secretion of oils. Immediate health consequences are weakness and anemia. The face consistently feels greasy in such cases. Natrum Mur has been assumed to have remedial impacts on such acnes.
- Nux Vomica: Sometimes acnes occur due to gastric agitations. Spicy food and caffeine work as stimulants for such digestion disorders. Accordingly, Nux Vomica helps to cure acnes to a large extent.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.
My face is very oily and have many pimples and dark spots. What can I do to reduce pimples and become white & soft?
Hi I am female 28 years. I have lot facial hairs and because of continuously removing them by threading waxing n plucking my chin has blackened. I also had gone through IPL laser treatment. Please suggest me some ways to remove this blackness. My face complexion is quite clear just because of this blackness my face looks weird.
I lost somebody last year so I depressed too much and my mind is not using properly please suggest me.
Hello my name is Himanshu Bjndal. I am 14 years old .I have the problem of stammering. I feel very hesitation in talking to someone. I don't able to speak things that I know. Help me to get rid of this problem.
Help to stop skin lite by liva. Also refer a good skin lighten product that can be used for long term. Pls help.
I'm getting electric shock whenever I touches anything in home. From last one month I'm getting this. It's truly afraiding and in getting ten to fifteen times shock in a day.
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Have you been stressed out lately and feel like you have lost your mental peace? You should consider trying yoga for reviving your peace of mind. Yoga poses integrate a combination of physical health and spiritual health, which allow you to cope with the various tensions you experience in everyday life. You get a calm and relaxed state of mind and your sense of both internal and external well-being also improves. Here are the best yoga poses, which help you bring mental peace.
- Anjaneyasana - high lunge: For performing this yoga pose, you should stand up straight and bend forward on one of your knees, keeping your other leg stretched behind. Your arms should be held above your head, and you must inhale and exhale all the time. This pose gives you positive energy, which enhances mental power and strength.
- Anjaneyasana - low lunge: This yoga pose involves the bending of one knee in a low lunged position, keeping the forward knee flexed at a 90 degree angle. Your arms should be stretched. This yoga asana is good for increasing your mental focus, and helps in releasing all sorts of tensions. It is very effective for total mental peace.
- Garundasana - eagle pose: This is a high level yoga pose that helps in improving your concentration and balance. All negative mental energy you possess get dispelled. It involves a chair pose, with one of your left arm wrapped around another. Your arms should stay entwined. This asana enables you to develop mental and physical harmony, which results in inner peace.
- Natarajasana - dancer’s pose: This is another effective yoga posture, which helps in boosting your concentration power. It involves standing on one leg while you bend forward having one arm stretched in front, and another grabbing your foot of the leg, which is raised.
- Virabhadrasana - warrior pose: This yoga pose aims at combating your inner conflicts in order to attain a relaxed mental state. You need to stand on one leg, bend forward, raise your other leg, and clasp your hands behind your back. This practice is effective in eliminating negative emotions, which upset your mental peace.
- Urdhva prasarita eka padasana - standing split pose: This yoga asana involves standing with one of your legs resting on the ground, while the other one is extended upwards. Blood rushes to your head, which improves your mental functions. You also experience a serene state of mind, which is important for a sound mind.
Apart from these, the Adho Mukha Vrksasana or the Handstand is also effective for attaining mental peace. Here, you need to propel your body upwards, supporting your entire body weight on your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga and naturopathy.
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in birth weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature birth and respiratory diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High blood pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Book an appointment with a dietitian and follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that causes thesurplus surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen causes development of weight gain and hair in women as well when they are present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation (release of afemale female egg, ovum) which is reflected in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Owing to troubles in ovulation one may experience difficulty in becoming pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS have a resistance to theaction action of insulin hormone. Normally Insulin drives sugar into the body cell to provide energy for it’s work. Many women with PCOS may appear unaffected by this change, but at cellular level, this resistance means it requires a larger amount of insulin production to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
- Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "Hirsutism"." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.
- Acne. Acne occurs on the face, chest, and upper back
- Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness and underneath breasts
- Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS. The aim of treatment varies as per age and the requirement of the patient.
- If the patient is having Infertility: A lack of ovulation hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation, by use of ovulation-stimulating medication.
- In patients with irregular cycles NOT wanting pregnancy: The irregularity of menstrual cycle can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
- For patients with PCOS and weight gain, obesity: Insulin resistance seen in PCOS warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance sensitivity of the cells to insulin. Metformin enhances cell function and maintaining sugar levels by its increased consumption by the cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Are you suffering from kidney stones and looking for an effective, natural treatment? You should choose homeopathy, as it works well in treating kidney stones. A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline, mineral development in your kidneys or urinary tract. The condition is called nephrolithisis. Kidney stones occur due to a reduction in your urine volume, and because of the presence of excess stone-forming substance in your urine. Homeopathic treatment of kidney stones does not involve any side effects, and various homeopathic medicines are used as a part of the treatment. Some of them are as follows:
- Benzoic acid
- Benzoic acid is prescribed in case of nephritic colic.
- Offensive urinary symptoms are experienced. The urine is usually deep red with strong and foul odor.
- The urine may alternatively be thick, and clear.
- Argentinum nit
- This homeopathic medicine is used for treating kidney stones, which develop because of kidney congestion.
- Dull backache and ache in the bladder are experienced, along with dark urine, containing deposits of uric acid and blood.
- A patient experiences an increased urge for urination, but a very small amount of urine is passed at once.
- A burning sensation while passing urine is indicated along with swelling of the urethra.
- This homeopathic medicine is used during the paroxysms of renal colic. Extreme pain and excitement are indicated.
- The pain may be cutting in nature, and it shoots in various directions, affecting your limbs and different parts of the body.
- There is an increased urge to urinate, and an aversion to fluids is developed by a patient in spite of feeling thirsty.
- This is another effective homeopathic remedy used for treating kidney stones, when the patient experiences a shooting pain radiating from a certain point and he or she becomes unable to move because of the pain.
- Also there is a darting pain experienced in the ureter, extending down to your legs.
- There is an indication of the development of little pinheads in the pelvis that starts growing down your bladder.
- Argentinum nit
- Benzoic acid
You must consult a licensed homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines for the treatment of kidney stones. A doctor will suggest you the best homeopathic medicines based on the symptoms you experience and the severity of the condition.
One of the most common problems to affect men and women of all ages is high blood pressure. If your blood pressure consistently shows a reading that is higher than 140 over 90 you may be suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure on its own is not fatal, but it can lead to a number of problems including strokes and higher vulnerability to heart attacks.
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes for high blood pressure. Thus making conscious lifestyle changes such as leading a more active life and eating more fruits and vegetables can help manage high blood pressure. Ayurveda also has a number of ways to manage and treat high blood pressure. Some of these are:
- Garlic cloves:Garlic Garlic has a number of antiseptic properties and is also beneficial towards slowing down the pulse rate and helps smoothen the heart’s rhythm. To use garlic, include it in your regular food or better still, chew 2-3 fresh, raw cloves of garlic a day.
- Watermelon: Watermelon
- Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid which has the ability to lower blood pressure. It is also loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopenes which also help lower blood pressure levels. To benefit from watermelon, it can be eaten as it is or dried watermelon seeds can be crushed and mixed with cuscus powder and water to be drunk twice a day. The powder made from dried watermelon seeds can also be steeped with boiling water to create a tea that should be consumed every morning and evening.
- Amla or Indian gooseberries:This This herb is associated with a number of health benefits and can help lower cholesterol, hypertension and help stabilize blood circulation. To use amla in the treatment of high blood pressure, crush and extract the juice of 4-5 amlas and have 2 teaspoons of this juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey every morning. This also strengthens the digestive system and prevents the build up of toxins inside the body.
- Yoga: Yoga
- Yoga: Yoga asanas can also help stabilize the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and thus regulate blood pressure. To treat high blood pressure, begin by sitting in the Siddhasana posture and practising the Anjali Mudra. This helps reduce stress and anxiety. Follow this by the Supta Padangusthasana and then the Matsya Kridasana. Simple anulom vilom and other such breathing exercises can also help lower high blood pressure.
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycles, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.