Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep B PatilYour feedback matters!
Does masturbating 2-3 in a week affect our liver or any part of our body. I feel week and I am having hair fall also. My hands shake sometimes I can not run for 5 mins.
Hi. I'm suffering from insomnia from 5 years. I have consulted many doctors but it became worse. I stopped medicine's from 6 months. I'm sleeping 3-4 hours. But from 1 week I'm not sleeping at all. Please suggest me some natural way.
Please do not put anything in child's mouth, not even syp of water, spoon, finger, etc. It can be very dangerous.
Ayurvedic Medicines for vestibular migraine/push in body while walking. Already taking medicine for cervical spondylosis.(had a perforated ear drum which did not require surgery) problem increases in crowds and while turning neck.
Sir mam I have a serious facial palsy and it will remain permanent bow should I live my life by having this type of face this is really troubling my face help me I am jusf 24 years old just .i will remain permanent sir help me .
5-6 weeks ago. I was playing basketball when some body accidentally head butted me on the CHEEK from that day m feeling numbness and swelling in my upper left lip.
My sister had 1st treatment at sahyadri hospital pune, she has migraine problem, today pain is getting out of control, she is badly crying. please help doctor.
Due to certain incident in may 2015 though it was protected sex, I had done my hiv test on 7th day, 135th day and 174th day from that incident. All report was negative. Do I need further test as I am scared and for last 6 month I am facing many health issues like hip pain, fissure, mouth sores, itching in lower part of legs or below knee.
Dear sir I am 23 I had seizure last week twice in a day then I started taking allopathy medicine can I shift completely to ayurveda totally so tat I can come out allopathy because allopathy medicine is giving me very much side effects.
I am 25 years old have so pain neck to hip whole day. After 2 minutes so numbness and weakness. All day burning in spinal.
I am suffering from Insomnia, I use to take tea 3 times a day whether it is advisable or not to take tea even 1 time a day Please advise me Thanks.
I have left side paralysis with facial deviation. What will be the best physio therapy exercise. Plz suggest me.
Hi. I have one personal question. I am in a relationship with my Boyfriend. Now he is suffering from glioblastoma MULTIFORME TUMOUR. So he said to me that to get rid from this tumour we both have to make physical relation in that he will get my DNA. He said I have to swallow his sperm by mouth in which our both DNA will become match after then I have to give him my small amount of blood in the injection then he will inject my blood in his body in which his tumour to be well. He said that his doctor told to do like this to get well. So please guide me that is he telling true.
I am 74 years and am feeling numbness in my foot for the last 3-4 months It is not continues it stays for 4-5 minutes and then it goes. Please let me know the DOCTOR in Gurgaon for consultation
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.