Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Ear Micro Surgery
Earlobe Repairs Procedure
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Ear Reconstruction Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Hearing Aid Fitting
Submit a review for Bhalerao Ent HospitalYour feedback matters!
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases.With With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
Does bio oil is good for removing stretch marks from shoulders and neck area due to instant weight gain? Or tell me the best cure for it.
In this post, I am just going to talk about some precautions which everyone should take with or without low back pain
• do not move anything heavy by pulling it in front of you. Always push and never pull.
• do not maintain any one position for a prolonged period. If you have been sitting for an hour, take a break walk for sometime and then continue with your work.
• do not maintain any one position for a prolonged period. If you have been sitting for an hour, take a break walk for sometime and then continue with your work.
• do not bend over to lift anything heavy off the ground with knees straight. Lift heavy items with your legs, not your back.
• do not bend forwards. Bending forward does no good to anyone. It might twist your spine for all you know. So whenever you need to bend and pick up something, bend your knees first and not your back and pick up. A slipped disk (also called a herniated disk) happens when a disk between the bones of the spine bulges and presses on nerves, this is often caused by twisting while lifting. Hence, kep your back straight and bend at your knees.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
I am losing my hair, I using a shampoo but that shampoo effective in summer not for winter and rainy season please help me.
Dermadew glow cream, please suggest me it's a Auryved cream, in Medical shop will it available or not please let me know.
Hi Doctor Please let me suggest some product etc to stop hairfall after delivery (05.11.2015) too much hair fall and dry hairs Thanks.
How to control hair fall in this pollution hairfall getting so much in last four weeks so what I have to do to control my hair fall.
My age is 25 year old. And my weight is 80 kg, and last few days my mother notice that I am doing snoring. Before these I have never snoring and it will start few days ago please tell me sir why this happen yet and how I control it.
I'm suffering from hair lose problem from last few months, I tried many shampoo and oil but didn't get any results, so please suggest me what should I do.
Madam or sir please to solve my problem my face was full of black spots my age 18 years old so please suggest some measures to remove black spots and pimples I am used honey lime aloevera there is no use please tell me what I do.
My throat is paining a lot. I am even unable to speak. In every breathe I feel pain. 2 days ago I had cold. Kindly suggest me what to do.
I have an oily face and day by day it becomes black and I'm loosing my colour can I get some home remedy.
Sir, I have a problem of severe hair fall caused due to scalpe type dandruff problem on my head. I have been using ketzonohole shampoo and vitamin tablets from last 7 months but there is no improvement on my scalpe. It causes so much irritation on my head. I have using mindoxil solution 10% from 7 months. Plzz suggest any useful remedies of this severe hair fall.
Diabetes mellitus is a condition affecting the way one’s body utilizes blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is essential to your health since it is a vital energy source for the cells that make up the tissues and muscles. Diabetes is characterized by excess blood sugar levels. The complications might get aggravated and turn fatal if it is left untreated over a period of time.
Diabetes mellitus can be of two types - Type 1 and Type 2.
In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin to metabolize sugar and starch from the foods that you consume while Type 2 diabetes affects the way the body processes the blood glucose.
Diabetes substantially increases the risks of numerous cardiovascular disorders (a condition that affects the heart’s blood vessels due to fatty deposits within the arteries) such as atherosclerosis (narrowing of arteries), stroke, heart attack (wherein flow of blood to the heart muscle gets blocked all of a sudden), heart failure (inability of the heart to pump blood throughout the body) and angina (chest pain).
Why are diabetic people at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular diseases?
The following factors are associated (could be the common reason as well) with both diabetes and cardiovascular diseases-
High blood pressure and hypertension.
High triglyceride level (a kind of fat present in the blood) and abnormal cholesterol level.
Lack of exercises and physical activities.
Uncontrolled blood sugar level.
Cricket is the most famous and close to the heart game for most of the people in India. Any injury to any player is a big hit to the entire team's performance. While cricket is a major sport in the country, sportspersons from other games too have begun to make a mark in the international arena. It is because of this, we have come to hear about sports injuries much more than ever before, with injuries to cricketers still heard most often.
What are the types of injuries?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- Hamstring strain
- Low back pain
- Side strain
- Shoulder pain
- Sprained ankle
How does Physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body. The muscular part is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice - Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise - Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy - A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques - These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports-related injuries that can be effectively treated with physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
Acne scars are not just embarrassing, but in some cases are painful as well. However, with these below mentioned derma treatments you can easily get rid of these scars.
- Derma rollers: Derma rollers are small rollers that contain dozens of needles 0.25 mm in diameter and up to 2 mm in length. They reach the papillary dermis of the skin (deeper than the lasers and peels). Derma roller rips the fibrous connections intergrown by scars and strongly stimulates the healing processes, that is, the collection of macrophage and growth factors. The results are visible six weeks after the treatment. They are especially suitable to people with darker complexion.
- Laser Treatment: A dermatologist is the best option if the acne scars don’t reduce or fade away with time. Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin and is an essential protein. Fractionated laser is a new technology that can smooth the surface of your skin and promote new collagen formation. Laser treatment can obliterate the scar and help smooth skin to form in its place instead. Filler injections help fill any indentation resulting from deeper acne scars. The only drawback to this is that fillers need to be re done after every 6 months or so as it gets reabsorbed over time into the skin.
- Time heals all wounds: Patience is very important when you want to see scars fade away. Newly formed blood vessels, few weeks after the scar is formed, nourish the skin. Most scars in their early stages look pink for this reason. Collagen starts forming months later and fills in the injuries on the skin. Fat cells and skin are destroyed in cystic acne; so for the scars to vanish completely, it might take a year or more.
- Prevention Tips: The best preventive method for scar formation is not to squeeze pimple. Popping a pimple leads to deeper infiltration of bacteria and pus. This damages the collagen further. A common skin care myth is that Vitamin E helps scars in healing faster. Contrary to prior belief, direct application of Vitamin E on a scar might hinder the healing process instead of facilitating it.
- Use a sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with a high SPF over 30. The middle of the day is the worst time to step out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hours, if you sweat profusely.
Are you bored with how your skin appears? Well, there are techniques to give it a new life. Your skin’s natural baby look can be back with techniques like chemical peels. It is a technique that can improve the appearance of your skin. A chemical solution is put on the skin. It causes the skin to exfoliate and later beef off. The new skin looks smooth and it is free from wrinkles. The new skin is more sensitive to the sun on a temporary basis. There are three types of chemical peel:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: In this technique, alpha-hydroxy acid or some mild acid is made to penetrate into the outer layer of skin. This exfoliates the skin. It helps to deal with mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is put on the skin so as to penetrate the middle layers of skin. It removes damaged skin cells. The treatment is used for improving age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used for penetrating the middle layer of the skin. It will help in removing moderate lines, and shallow scars.
What must be done before considering a chemical peel?
It is always advisable to consult a dermatologist first before taking up the decision to try a chemical peel.
What are the skin flaws that can be treated by chemical peels?
Chemical peels are used for treating a number of skin problems, including the following ones:
Sun damaged skin
Who should not take up a chemical peel?
It is generally believed that light-haired and fair-skinned people can go for chemical peels. It doesn’t go well with dark-skinned patients. It is also not recommended for people living with some infection.