Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sarika SatavYour feedback matters!
If it is unhealthy to store & drink water from plastic bottles then which utensils, I mean of what material, should be used to store & drink water?
I am 24 year old and my weight is 50 kg and height is 6 ft. I am so slim & week body how can make my body fit. please inform me.
Hello docs, I am 28 years old and I am obese. My weight is 105 kgs. Height is 5'11 I am now doing running jogging walking and joined gym. M also eating vegetables and avoiding junk food. And measuring my calorie intake. But my weight is decreasing very slow. I want to know if ayurveda has some tablets or anything which will help me decrease my weight along with my exercise and diet planning. Thanks :)
I have a very lean body and a bad immunity system. My height is 5.8" and weight is about 49 kg. I want to gain weight approx 15 kg. Kindly advice me diet or pills.
How can I cure permanently diabetes mellitus from my body blood glucose level and the blood acidity. Is there any risk of heart attack for obesity, how can I get rid of this?
I have done IUI this month but after doing it we took u/ s doctor came to know the egg not ruptured he gave me injection Today is my 18 day can we do IUI again tomorrow is it going to success. Please tell sir.
After delivery my tummy has increased a lot . I have not even wore tummy belt after 40 days of delivery. Not its 6 month my tummy is going on increasing. Please help n kindly suggest me home remedy to put my tummy back to normal . HOW CAN I DECREASE MY tummy.
When a person is dehydrated he is advised to drink a solution of sugar and salt in water but actually in case of dehydration only water n salt is lost from the body. Then why so?
Hello Experts. Upto how much age I should give Rapgrow and vitamin d3 to my kid. He is 1 year old. What should be the Dodge of same medicines. Please suggest. Thanking you,
I am 20years old. I weigh about 50kg. But my ideal weight for my height is 70kg. Even I consume more calories. I didn't get weight.
Sir due to masturbation my pennis not erect properly. And leakage of semen through urine may occur. So my body get tired always. And my pennis is slightly bent. Pls sugest me some natural remedies for cure this problems.
Hi I am a 24 year old female and I am always tired everyday. Can you tell me the reason or which exercise should I follow because I never skip my meals but I do not exercise at all and working for two hours I feel like sleeping. I am very tired all day. Do you have any remedy to remove this tiredness which kind of fruits and vegetables should I eat and which exercises should I do to remove my tiredness?
I am aged about 50 years and having a diabetic I am very lean I want to gain little bit weight is it possible to gain weight? If so which one is better to take for fast gain weight up to 8 kgs. Pl advice me.
I want a muscular body. And I tried many body build supplement they are not workable. What I can do?
Please provide me good health about my wait its to fat I jogging daily with us please help me I want a good health so I can look like good.
Surya Namaskar literally translates to “bowing to the sun.” It is a combination of 12 yoga asanas, where the body, mind, and soul are brought into complete synchrony. They are done in sets, some do 12, some 15, while some 30 depending on their endurance. Scientifically too, there are multiple benefits from Surya namaskar. Read on to know the most prominent ones.
- Stretching and flexibility: The 12 asanas which are part of the Surya Namaskar ensure that every part of the body is exercise. The flexibility that comes with it is to be experienced to be believed. This is extremely beneficial for the bones, joints, and ligaments of the entire body and spine.
- Improves internal organ functioning: The various stretching improves blood flow to the organs and improves their functioning. The result is a better functioning digestive system and kidneys, which help in better absorption of nutrients from food and thorough elimination of metabolic wastes. Detox happens naturally, with the release of trapped gasses and improved enzyme secretion.
- Weight loss: One of the best-proven ways to lose weight is to do the 12 asanas regularly on a daily basis. It is a perfect workout involving the complete body and is great for losing weight around the belly. It also is proven to improve the thyroid gland functioning, which plays a significant role in metabolism and leads to weight gain.
- Bone health: Traditionally, it is done during the early morning hours, at sunrise, which ensures the body gets the required amount of vitamin D. This is essential for good bone health.
- Stress buster: Stress release happens in multiple ways. Deep focused breathing is one of them. During the asanas, control over breathing is very essential and so stress control is ensured. Various muscles and bones get tense with stress, and thorough stretching helps relieve the stress buildup. The mind is also calmed during the workout, and so stress relief is further enhanced.
- Cure for insomnia: People who are not able to sleep should do Surya Namaskar on a regular basis and ensure sound sleep regularly. Both stress relief and the perfect workout ensures good sleep is guaranteed.
- Helpful in menstrual cycles: Women who have cramps during their menstrual cycles have shown very good improvement with the inclusion of this exercise. It also is shown to benefit people with irregular menstruation via the improved circulation. Pregnant women doing Surya Namaskars are more likely to have a normal delivery.
- Glowing Skin: With the release of toxins and stress, a glowing skin is but natural.
This is not all; try the Surya Namaskar and see for yourself.
These nuts are exceptionally a dense powerhouse of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that will aid the body in muscle growth and staying slim. Eating these nuts can lead to more energy and stronger muscles. 1/3 cup of almonds delivers 271 calories, 10 g of protein, 10 g of carbs and 23g of fat.
Turkey breast is absolutely great for bulking up your overall muscle growth. It is high on protein, low fat and slightly higher in cholesterol than most lean meats and fish. One serving of Turkey breast delivers 34 calories, 14% fat, 16% carbs and 70% proteins.
Adding lean cuts of red meat to your diet is an excellent way to help muscle growth. Red meat is also a rich source of dietary iron that helps maximize athletic performance.
Eggs are convenient food that is fast and easy to cook. To stay really fit and healthy, it is best eating the egg whites and occasionally the yolk. The protein in eggs has the highest value. Calorie for calorie is what you actually need for muscle growth. Eggs are rich sources of vitamins and minerals. They are packed with riboflavin, vitamins B6, B12, D and E, iron, phosphorus and zinc.
Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich various vitamins and nutrients such as calcium and iron. New research says that nitrates from vegetables like spinach make muscles stronger.
Yogurt is the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrates that is extremely good for exercise recovery and muscle growth. Studies have shown that yogurt in one of the few foods that has conjugated linoleic acid, a special type of fat that aid to reduce body fat.
Quinoa is a typical high protein grain which is not a rice or couscous. It can be sweet and savory; has a nutty texture and rich flavor. It is one of the best additions to your daily diet especially for boys who are trying to build lean muscle using natural ingredients. This protein is made up of all 9 essential amino acids which means it’s a complete protein that will help build and repair your muscles. It contains only 3 grams of fat for ¼ cup serving and is cholesterol and gluten free.
Oatmeal is an excellent carbohydrate diet that packs in an abundance of fiber and carbs which is ideal for the diet of bodybuilders. While protein is definitely the most important, carbohydrates and fats too play a vital role in muscle building process.
When it comes to muscle growth, fish really tops the list especially Salmon is a protein powerhouse yielding around 25 grams of protein per 100 gram serving. It is also amazing loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin D.
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are another great food for muscle growth. They are excellent choice to be included in your diet as they contain carbohydrates and loaded with fiber. You can eat them boiled or cook to make a yummy hummus.
You could also include other foods like berries, flax seeds, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, oranges, apples etc in your diet that aid in muscle building.