Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Arundhati JoshiYour feedback matters!
Recent developments have shown that fat might not be as harmful as people originally thought it was. Fats can prove to be beneficial too. It is capable of providing the feeling of fullness as well as helps in absorbing vitamins that are fat-soluble. A recent publication of a review in the European Journal of Nutrition regarding the existing research on milk fat came to conclusion that were quite surprising. People who consume full fat or whole milk are on equal terms with people who consumed fat free milk, as far as development of type-2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease is concerned. However, as far as weight loss is concerned, whole i.e. full fat milk should be preferred over fat-free milk.
Various surveys have reported that a majority of the people who consume whole milk exhibit less weight gain, lower body weights as well as low risks of obesity. The argument that excess calories are beneficial for the waistline is a topic that is prevalent even today. According to some researchers as far as weight gain is concerned, all calories are not equal. Additionally, if the focus is solely on the number of calories per serving, then a huge factor leading to obesity is ignored.
This factor is called fullness. Dr. Mario Kratz, author of the aforementioned review and a designated nutrition scientist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, states that the removal of fatty acids from skimmed milk results in a delayed feeling of fullness as well as staying full. He also states that the fatty acids in milk affect hormone regulation and gene expression. In simpler words, these acids might crank up the amount of energy burned by the body as well as limit the storage of fat in the body.
All these findings help in showing that consumption of whole milk is more preferable to low fat, as far as the risk of obesity is concerned. However, it does not mean that people should engage in consuming only whole milk and 'use butter in all the recipes'. However, as far as the comparison between skim i.e. fat free milk and whole milk is concerned, the available research argues and suggests that full-fat milk is the way to go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Please help me to get my body weight loss I am nw 84 kgs I should become 70 please help to become thin in 45 days.
Hello doctors I want to increase my weight I have tried all exercises and remedies but nothing helps me out Hope to get a reply soon Thanks.
Hello, I'm 18 years old boy and I want to increase my weight now my weight is 53 kg. Please suggest me a balance diet chart.
Hello, sir I am Shubham thakur, my weight is 50kg and my height is 5.7 inch. I am very slim so I am very sad, please sir how to grow my health.
I am a slim and less weight student (Read -M. Sc.). I want to gain appropriate weight and healthier body, how should I doing this? In market there are so many weight gainer products available, is it wright way to gain?
I lost some weight close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello doc. I am 20 years old and of 70 kg weight. I want to maintain 65 kg. I goes gym regularly. So need a perfect dait plans (i mean how much for breakfast, launch & dinner) with perfect amount of calories. please Thank you.
I want to know that everything is going ok with my body so is there any kind of check up for whole body that can recognise me that I am totally ok.
I am 67 years old. Often got hypoglycemia due to excess dose of insulin. What are the side effects ?
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
In the month of January'16 and my wife had complain related to irregular periods and one of the gaeno prescribed her Ovipauz L to take. She has been taking the same since last two months and this weekend I had her weight check and found she lost 10 Kgs of weight since she started taking it. I have asked her not to take ovipauz and put her on 15 days monitoring period to check whether she gains some kilos or not and also put on high carb, fat diet including banana, milk etc.
1)Don’t have those food which cause acidity , in front of children
( preferably don’t have them).
2) For older children talk to them
Try tl make them understand that the discomfort due to acidity is due to those particular food, that often helps cut down tantrums.
3) If they still insist , control the amount which they can have of favorite foods which you know cause reflux..., lesser the better.
4) Make them avoid these food at bedtime ,as lying down will make acid reflux worse.Bedtime atleast 2 to 3 hours after meals.
5) Dinner time should be early to avoid lying down with a full stomach
6)Make a habit of drinking plenty of water.When they see you drinking water , they will drink water too
7) Avoid spicy food as they generally make acidity worse.
8) Eat healthier as a family and not just for the child
9) If the baby drinks milk at bedtime try to gradually replace the calories from milk with semisolid or solid food earlier in the evening
.A satisfied child who has a full stomach , is more likely to listen to reason than a hungry crabby child.
Your children’s health is in your hand .Be aware and take care.
Acid reflux is not to be ignored