Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V. KarmarkarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have pain near by left ear and nervous are little bit loses the sensitivity. The pain is continuously troubling me. The pain transformed to left jaw and and left hand and also frequently chest pain pls give the suggestions. ECG, 2d eco and TMT are normal but pain is continuous.
I AM 37 YEAR OLD I AM SUFFERING FROM stomach FAT. MY FAMILY doctor TOLD ME YOUR FAMILY HISTORY IS diabetic, HEART PROBLEM, AND PRESSURE. THAT WHY YOU TAKE glycomet SR 500. MY WEIGHT IS 90 KG.
From past 1 week I having problem in take of breath. I feel very heavy on chest. Sometimes it chokes. What should I do?
In the Thyrocare checkup report it is observed that my Triglycerides increased up to 468 mg/dl and VLDL cholesterol increased to the level of 93 mg/dl, please suggest what I have to do?
My name is mohd khudrathulla. I am 22 years old, height 6ft and 72kgs weight. How do I check my pulse? What is moderate and vigorous exercise?
I am having chest pain which is low usually but if my chest gets exposed to a cold temperature I start to have pain sudden and high in centre of chest in the night. I am 22 male.
My heart is paining when I sleep in left side. But when I move same time move right hand side then pain has gone. Help me. This problem is facing approx 6 months.
I am thin with height 5, 3' inch and weight 54kg. In July, I was having cholesterol 255 and after medicine it down 125 in Sep-15. I am not sure why it has increased. Now I leave all medicine but weight not gaining. What kind diet to increase weight.
Having chest pain Pain in backside of head Feeling of vomiting Feeling weakness What to do now. Mother age 61 Weight 41.
I am 35 years old I can't sleep well. At the time of heart beat is high, fear, stomach ache and sweat on palm, head ache. I had checked my heart but it's normal. I also gone to the neurologist, but never feel well.
My age is 47 years, I am working as Prof. In Operation Management in a Management College, My BP continuously remaining high despite consuming the medicine. Please advice some to reduce it. I consume the medicine named: Telma-80.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.