Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh NagareYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 28 years old, diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. Recently Im suffering from severe acid reflux. I can actually feel the acid coming in my mouth while lying down. It has made me very scared. Also I feel heaviness in my left side and burning sensation. Please help.
In April I had been for endoscopy every thing is normal, in July there is slightly pain in left chest, I had been for ECG it's normal, now a days I am getting pain in liver side last 2 months, I had been for ultrasonic scan reports are normal, but little bit pain is there in liver side do the needful doctor.
I am suffering from severe joints pain and knee pain. I used tb treatment before one year. please prescribed some medicine.
37 year old male. Have knee pain while climbing steps since many years. Also have lumbar back pain once a week. Could there be problem with knee/back.
I am 21 years guy, I have a severe back pain from last two month's, it pains alot when I sit or sleep. Help me. What to do?
I am running every morning so my leg is very pain and I am not continue running. So please tell me something.
I am suffering hardly knee pain. I can take some medicines for this. But it can't stop. What can I do.
My mother has tremendous ache in her foot. Only in her left knee. She can't walk properly and this has happened only after she wake up today. Has slight pain in full body. Is it serious? Should I give bruffen or flexon? What to do next.
I am 27 years old and I have backpain from few months. I used some pain relief antibiotic tablets from last month but it works for few hours each day. Please recommend me something.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.