Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
My question is for my sister sir she had pain in it's back and it's many part of body in regularly in night the pain very high some time she eat pain killer but pain killer not reduce the pain sir what my sister to kill she's pain sir this my sister is suffering from this problem since 2 month sir please suggest me any tips.
How to maintain tension backpain when seeing computer overtime I am 26 old working lots of time in computer my eyesight -4 now both eyes my back paining now.
I have very pain in my legs sometimes and I have head ache in my head every day and stomach pain. What should I do?
I usually work in night shifts where I have to sit for long hours I feel a lot of time back pain but I usually take break after 30 minutes to go downstairs but often I feel back pain in my back. What should I do? Any suggestions or advice?
Hello Doc, My wife (Aged 27) is suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis since an year, she is using tablets since last 10 months like (Saaz, Hcqs, called D, neugaba). She was on steroids (Wysolone) for 6 months and she is still suffering from severe pain in the knee joints. Recently from past 2 months she is suffering from plantar fasciitis. Can you please suggest how many months would it still take for her to come to a normal state. Your suggestion will help us alot.
Hello doctor. Please help me out to cure my backache problem. Suffering since I fell down from bike in last month. Thanks.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.