Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Uma AlurkarYour feedback matters!
I m diabetic under medication since 8-10 yrs facing erectile dysfunction since a year or so i m 59 yrs , mentally i m very active can u help?
Y am I not able to sleep. I'm just 17 years old. What should I do for having a great sleep. Plzzz suggest me some tips I have tried everything to sleep but doesn't work.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
I have a blister in my mouth (inside left cheek) which bursts and comes back again after a couple of days. It is right next to the wisdom tooth. What is the right course of action?
I have ADPKD. Is following beneficial 1. Eating one white grapefruit each day 2, Taking Pavlostatin 3. taking Tovlapton orally
Sometimes when I am talking loudly I feel shortness of breath. This happens to me over 5 month. So I talk with low voice. Then it's not happen. So doctor please help me.
I am 21 years old, I use to go to gym some time stomach get heavy and unable to do well with my physics.
I m having tough time sleeping Can't sleep until at least 2 in the midnight But have to wakeup and leave to work by 9 This is causing heavy problem.
Hello sir, I am suffering for medium corn in my feet since last 6 months ,i have cutted it by blade but it reappears again ,i have visited a doctor he too have cutted it again but it's appearing again and again please help what should i do ?
I have affected throat infection on frequently. What are the reason to affect this one and how to solve the problem.
I'm 20 years old. Me n my gf having sex since 3 months but never tried without condom. We want it purely natural. What should I do with safety?
I would recommend everyone to take all meals on time. Do not skip any meals. Skipping meals is not good, not healthy as well as it does not help you to reduce weight. First thing in the morning start your day with fruits and curry leaves. Take your last meal till 8p. M. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.