Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tungatkar JayantYour feedback matters!
Hi I have a baby boy of 3 years. Right now he having a urine infection. I tested his urine in lab, RBC and pus cells are there in report. Issue is that my baby had same issue last month. Antibiotic injections had given by the doctors. Now after one month same issue occur. Pls tell me wat to do. And why this problem occurs again and again. Thanx.
My 4 years old daughter first caught by cold then fever. I am giving her cozy kids. After taking the medicine temperature goes down but after 4- 5 hrs again she gets fever. What should I do?
I am lactating mother my baby was 7 months old now I am having stomach pain from few months doctor told to use antibiotic if use antibiotic I should not feed my baby can I stop breastfeeding for my baby is that ok for my baby's health I will give formula milk to him.
Hello, my baby is of 13 days old and he was fine these days but from last 2 to 3 days he is having a bleeding at the penis end not much but a small drop. Is it normal or what? If not what precautions I should to take to make sure he is safe. Please help me.
My child is crying continuously. She has dry stools and little urination what to do. Any homevremedies.
My daughter had a bad cold and cough. please suggest some ayurvedic treatment to get rid off and also to boost her immune system.
My child is 4 years & 8 month old boy his weight 15 kg, height is approximately 3 feet 6 inch he don't want to eat anything excepts milk we are giving - pediasure 2-3 times and he love to drink only milk 3-4 times in a day he is very thin and I am always worried his health request to you please guide me. Thanking you
My baby is one month and 8 days old. He has vomited twice in 4 days at night during feed. I get so scared when the milk comes out of his nose also. What to do when he vomits I literally get chills and do not know what to do while he is vomiting.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.