Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sweta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SwetaYour feedback matters!
How to get long hair best medicine and recommend shampoo and hair massage oil to .Also to remove scalp damage.
Posterior cruciate ligament helps to hold the knee together. If there is a ligament tear, it results in pain, swelling and redness. The cruciate ligament connects the important tibia to the femur. Any injury to the posterior cruciate ligament may take months to heal and has the potential to cause instability and disability.
Signs and symptoms: The symptoms and signs of a posterior cruciate ligament injury include moderate to severe pain resulting in difficulty in walking and limp. The knee swells to a large proportion within minutes of the injury causing the knee to feel loose. There are certain situations when a patient doesn’t feel a thing about the injury and then there is a case where the pain worsens every day.
Causes: A tear in the posterior cruciate ligament appears when the shin bone gets hit. It can also occur when a person falls down with a bent knee. Some common injuries of this sort occur during motor vehicle accidents and contact sports. Apart from this, sudden accidents hitting the back portion of the knee can also result in ligament injury of the posterior cruciate ligament. Historically, men have been found to be more risk prone to this condition as compared to women.
What are the complications?
A posterior cruciate ligament injury may result in damage to other ligaments and bones within the knee. Based on the type of injury, the long term implications are predicted by healthcare professionals. The risk of developing arthritis and long term chronic pain exists in this condition.
- X-rays. Although they will not show any injury to your posterior cruciate ligament, X-rays can show whether the ligament torn off with a piece of bone when it was injured. This is called as an avulsion fracture.
- MRI. This study creates better images of soft tissues like the posterior cruciate ligament.
If you have injured just your posterior cruciate ligament, your injury may heal quite well without surgery doctor recommend simple, nonsurgical options.
- RICE: When you are first injured, the RICE method - rest, ice, gentle compression and elevation can help speed your recovery.
- Immobilization: You may require a brace to prevent your knee from moving. To further protect your knee, you may be given crutches to keep you from putting weight on your leg.
- Physical therapy: As the swelling goes down, a careful rehabilitation program is started. Specific exercises will restore function to your knee and strengthen the leg muscles that support it. Strengthening the muscles in the front of your thigh (quadriceps) has been shown to be a key factor in a successful recovery.
Your doctor may recommend surgery if you have combined injuries. For example, if you have dislocated your knee and torn multiple ligaments including the posterior cruciate ligament, surgery is almost always necessary.
- Rebuilding the ligament: Because sewing the ligament ends back together does not usually heal, a torn posterior cruciate ligament must be rebuilt. Your doctor will replace your torn ligament with a tissue graft. This graft is taken from another part of your body. It can take several months for the graft to heal into your bone.
- Procedure: Surgery to rebuild a posterior cruciate ligament is done with an arthroscope using small incisions. Arthroscopic surgery is less invasive. The benefits of less invasive techniques include less pain from surgery, less time spent in the hospital, and quicker recovery times.
Surgical procedures to repair posterior cruciate ligaments continue to improve. More advanced techniques help patients resume a wider range of activities after rehabilitation.
Whether your treatment involves surgery or not, rehabilitation plays a vital role in getting you back to your daily activities. A physical therapy program will help you regain knee strength and motion. Although it is a slow process, your commitment to therapy is the most important factor in returning to all the activities you enjoy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
The BP readings taken 2 to 3 times over a period of 1 year had values of 140/100 .3 successive readings taken the above 1 year showed 150/110,140/100 and 140/100. Medication of Olmesar 40 mg (once daily )was prescribed about 8 months ago. Values taken 3 to 4 times since then (last y'day) mostly showed 120/80. Question is whether the dosage can be reduced to one every alternate day. I am 71, retired with no other diseases.
Sometimes when I wake up from my deep sleep I have severe lower back pain. However pain goes away after a while. I only have pain when I wake up from the deep sleep, not otherwise. I have this condition since last 2 years.
How should I grow my height except cycling and hanging any other solution or any medicine which you know please tell me.
For what purpose MONIT GTN -2.6 tablets ARE USED FOR? RECENTLY MY FATHER GOT FELT PRESSURE ON HEART FOR SOME TIME AFTER THAT HE FELT NORMAL. DOCTOR AFTER HEARING OUR PROBLEM HE GAVE THIS TABLET IN PRESCRIPTION.
Hi I am 25 years old and I suffering from high fever from last 3 days I also take medicines but my fever goes and comeback in few hours what can I do.
I am getting fat day by day. I do exercise daily and run about 4 kms. But no effect seen! Please help me.
The study explains the relationship between diabetes and vitamin d. Irrespective of weight. Men with low vitamin d are susceptible to pre diabetes and diabetes specially type 2. Vitamin d is naturally produced by the skin after it is exposed to sunlight. Anothef source of vitamin d is milk that has been fortified with vitamin d. And over 1 billion people the world over suffer from vitamin d deficiency