Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushil Modak
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil ModakYour feedback matters!
Hi ,i'm 27 years I had an abortion of 5 months last 5 years back with un affair now i'm married planing for child facing irregular period did all treatment test .doctor suggested to do X ray HSG .my question is will in test HSG doctor comes to know about my previous abortion.
I am 26 years male had sex with sex worker 3 times using condom, now I scared that is condom safe for sex, if wear or remove do any STD infection HIV. Please suggest.
I am age of 22. I have an unprotected sex at last month 21st and now this is 25th of this month. I have been checking for pregnancy. Test was negative. But I am feeling very strange. I am sensing vomtings and having heavy white discharge. Feeling so sick. I was consulting a doc and had a negative results with urine test. But what about these symptoms? I am confused. Help me!
Why cbc test is done during pregnancy? During pregnancy sugar test is required, then we should not use any fruits like banana, mango,pomegranate, grapes etc and sugar also without my sugar report. Doctor has advised me dnt use sugar due to mild poly hudrous amniotic fluid? How it affects the baby?
Hello sir/madam Me and my wife are trying to conceive for the last 4-5 months without any success so far. On the prescription of my wife's gynecologist We did a full body checkup of my wife and my sperm test, while all her blood, thyroid, and other checkups came normal, my sperm test was below average. She was a gynecologist so she only gave me basic advice and asked me to see a urologist but I'm afraid of the ongoing fraudulent behaviour of some of the doctors these days who want to admit you and give you expensive treatments whether you need them or not. My sperm test results were as follows Sperm qty: 1.5 Ml Appearance : milky white Transparency : translucent Viscosity : increased Liquefaction time : 30 min Abstinence : 6 days Sperm count : 80 million/ml Viability : 75% or more Motility at 37* C A. Rapid Linear progressive : 20% Grade IV & III B. Sluggish Linear Progressive : 10% Grade II C. Non Progressive : 40% Grade I D. Non Motile : Dead 30% Abnormal sperm 6% Pin heads 1% Bent neck 02% Double heads 03% Rest all abnormalities were 0% Cellular elements: Epithelial cells 1-2 PHF All other cells were nil Other finding Granular debris : Nil Agglutination of sperm : Nil Crystals : Nil I do not drink or smoke I used to take hukka once in a while which also I have stopped 5-6 months ago. I have asthma and I'm insomniac I usually get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I was taking finpecia (finasteride 1%) to treat my male pattern hair loss for last 8 years but I have quit it 6 months ago as I read on web that it can reduce male fertility. Am I biologically fit to be a father ? If not then what are the treatment options to increase my semen quality. And otherwise is IVF or other medical pregnancy options are applicable for me. Can they guarantee a pregnancy. What is approx cost of these treatments. help me please
I am 21 years old. I had a sex day before yesterday with my husband on 9 September. Without protection. After 5 6 hours I have taken unwanted 72. Now today on 11 I have done sex without protection so can I consume again that unwanted 72 ?or should I wait. Because that tablet is hard. If I will have that tablet now. Will it harm me ?because just one day ago I have taken that tablet. Please reply me soon.
This question is for my wife, She has started lower abdominal pain after periods, The pain start from, 7th days after periods and lasts when next period start. We are not getting physically from last six months, Is this menstrual cramp or anything else. Give me right solution.
Look after your hair this Holi in these 3 effective ways
Holi is the ever exuberant festival of colors where everyone indulges in fun and frolic. Traditionally played with natural colors derived from flowers, Holi is now celebrated with harmful, toxic and inorganic colors that can really leave you with ruined hair and skin post celebration. These colors comprise of dyes, chemicals, glass powder and metals such as mica - all of which have extremely harmful effects on your skin and hair.
The colors used during Holi can cause your hair to become dull and brittle and may even induce a condition known as acute irritant contact dermatitis, which causes redness, irritation and burning of the scalp area.
Follow these tips to take care of your hair and scalp as you enjoy the festival.
1.Oil your hair
Apply oil to your hair about an hour before you play Holi to maximize the penetration of the oil into the scalp. Oil prevents the color from settling down into your hair, thus, making it easier to remove later on. It also acts as a shield by providing protection from chemicals and dirt, and can help in preventing your hair from becoming dry and frizzy due to prolonged exposure to colors and the sun.
2.Cover your tresses
Tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail to minimize its contact with harmful colors. If possible, cover your hair with a scarf or shower cap to protect it from the damage.
3.Wash your hair the right way
Thoroughly rinse your hair with plain water to get rid of dirt, dry colors, chemicals and the mica particles contained in it. After that, apply a mild shampoo on your hair, gently massaging your hair and scalp and leave it in for about 10 minutes. This will help in extracting and dissolving all the dust and colors stuck to your hair and scalp. Rinse out the shampoo and apply a rich conditioner to replenish the oil and moisture that have been stripped away by the chemicals. If your hair is still dry and lifeless, oil it overnight after Holi, as well. Applying hair masks is also a good idea to help your mane regain its former glory.
I am 22 years old. Married on 28 aug'2014. I have irregular periods but in January I consulted a infertility specialist and got periods regular. My last period was on 5 may 2015 and this month I haven't got periods. We had done pregnancy test at home it was positive. First time we got faded line but after 2 days i. e on 19 june it was darkened. We got very happy but we thought better to consult a doctor. She wrote for ultrasound scan. In it no sac is found and thickened endometrium 19.1mm. Doctor said am not pregnant. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Have we scanned so early.
I have had unprotected sex with a guy before a week, i m sure that his sperm is not came in mine, and now i have doubt that may be possible his sperm came in my? what can i do? is their any pill to block the pregnancy?
I can feel one small ball or flesh-like small swelling inside my wife's left breast, she is 26 yrs. Old. We have 1 yr. 3 months baby boy, who is not ready to withdraw feeding, all reports are normal too, what should be done in this case? Though there is no pain or itching effect. Local doctor said, no issue.
Cancer is the term that is used to describe a wide variety of malignant diseases. It is the second commonest cause of death in the world.
• The exact causesfor cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage. adulteration of food, over milk and vegetables production by uses of hormones,
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease. stress
• Family tendency. nuclear family, working women, always stress in life, alcohol, smoking in female
• Exposure to radiations. over uses of gazett, mobile, internet, radiation in atmosphere
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
* Uses of hormones, antibiotics, antiallergic and steroids frequent since childhood during cold coryza cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, many disease
* More vaccination
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning.
I have thalassemia trait. Married for 2 years, I am now planning for baby. Is it going to affect my pregnancy and d baby?
I met with miscarrige with 3 month pregnency due to bleeding. Doctor advise me for 6 Month gap. But i want to pregent soon. Advise as when to get pregnant ?
Here are 10 yoga poses that must be practiced daily.
1) Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Shvanasana) - A top-notch upper body strengthener, this pose helps in strengthening hamstrings, calves and thighs. Since your hips are higher than your heart in this pose, it increases blood circulation.
2) Butterfly pose (Baddhakonasana) - Best asana for pregnant women, it helps in smooth delivery. Butterfly asana should be practiced preferably after first trimester. Practice daily for healthy reproductive system, curing menstruation problem, improved flexibility in the groin and in the hip region.
3) Plank pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) - Plank pose is the simplest yet most effective to help strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, quadriceps.
4) Warrior pose (Virabhadrasana) - This pose will help you attain long, lean, toned arms and legs by stretching hips, inner thighs, chest. It strengthens quadriceps, abdomen, shoulders and builds a firmer core.
5) Boat pose (Naukasan) - If you want to strengthen your core and quadriceps, this pose will give you maximum results.
6) Tree pose (Vrikshasana) - The tree pose stretches hips, inner thighs, legs, spine, core. It also helps you stay calm and attain positive frame of mind.
7) Child’s pose (Balasana) - The pose is great for pelvic region. It opens hips and relieves tightness in the lower back. It stretches hips, quads and back.
8) Bridge pose (Setu Bandhasana) - Bridge pose is excellent for stretching front part of the body. It opens up the chest and ribcage that helps more oxygen to flow in your body. Builds strong hamstrings and glutes.
9) Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) - The bow pose eases menstruation disorders. It is very effective in weight loss, digestion and fixes appetite. Gastrointestinal problems would no longer remain a worry.
10) Garland pose (Malasana) - The pose strengthens pelvic muscles, stretches lower back, groin, hips, ankles. This lower squat pose will help you relieve constipation and cramps.