Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Godbole
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil GodboleYour feedback matters!
Which formula is best for 45 old baby? I am both breast N formula feeding her as I was unable to produce sufficient amount of milk. Please suggest me.
Aquasol A capsule I had taken for my 14 months daughter. But I don't know how to use this. Kindly help.
Dear sir, My 2.5 years old baby pooping in green colour then what reason and give me solution. Can I use walamycin ds for it.
My eight years old son has motions since two days. I am giving him Oz syrup 7.5 ml twice a day with ors and sporlac. First day he went 10 times, second day thrice. Is it ok.
I am 25 year old first time mother. My newborn daughter is 2 months old. Her length at birth was 45 cm. Now her length is 55 cm. Her HC at birth was 32 cm. Now it is 36. 7 cm. Her weight was 3.003 kgs. Now it is 4.33 kg. I want to know. If she is small in her measurements? Also another concern that is making me insane is that she has almond shaped eyes, slightly slanted if we notice minutely. Epicanthal folds. We all have that fold in my family. Her nose is small. Hands and feet look very normal. Ears look normal. No palmar crease. She is an active child. Kicks a lot, can almost hold her head up. Smiles, responds to sounds, makes sounds. Nothing looks abnormal in her behaviour at all. Please reply. Please.
ADHD i.e. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a mental disorder that is commonly characterised by attention problems, excessive activity or difficulty in controlling one’s inappropriate behaviour, given his/her age. If ADHD occurs in an adult, the person might face significant issues in maintaining a job, managing time or being in a relationship.
In spite of being the most regularly studied and analysed mental issue in kids and teenagers, the cause, in most of the cases, remains unknown. The symptoms of ADHD might develop as one gets old. Apart from the common symptoms, the person might show signs typical to ADHD such as hyperactivity, inattention, impulsivity and disruptive behaviour as well as relationships and academic difficulties. The symptoms of ADHD need to last for about six months to be diagnosed as a disorder.
The typical management methods of ADHD include counselling or medicines, either used separately or in combination.
- Behavioural Therapies: Some of the psychological therapies used are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Focuses on changing the thinking patterns of a person that ultimately alters the way he/she generally feels
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy: IPT is a focused form of psychotherapy that involves symptomatic recovery and resolving interpersonal problems.
- Social Skills Training
- Family Therapy: Focuses on providing therapy to the individual as well as the family
- School-Based Interventions
- Parent Management Training
- Medication: Stimulant medications are the more preferred forms of medications for ADHD. They have short-term effects on the symptoms of ADHD. One such example is that of Methylphenidate. Non stimulant medicines are administered for people who indulge in compulsive or recreational stimulant use. Examples include atomoxetine, guanfacine, bupropion and clonidine. Although these medications are usually safe, over dosage can cause side-effects and contraindications.
- Diet: Modification in diet can prove beneficial for children suffering from ADHD. The benefits are usually confined to children having food sensitivities or those who are being medicated using ADHD medicines simultaneously.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!