Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir MundleYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old boy. I have been facing from stye for the past 2 days. Please tell me how to cure it.
My H1bi three month suger is 6.3 without Suger shall I have to start the Medicine or continue with the same exercises in the morning and evening
Hello Dr. I am gonna marry this year. Nd my would be husband. He 28 year old .he is habitual of masturbating. Now he feel likes that he is losing his sexual power. He is very upset. please tell me any solution for him. Waiting fr your soonest answer. Thank u.
I have participated sex with my neighbor Aunty she was jst 32 during sex she drinking my Sperm is it cause of any problem?
Dear doctor, I have problem of itch from childhood. Please suggest medicine regarding my problem. Also suggest what type of food should I take. All day I feel uncomfortable of itch.
Hi, I am hiv positive n taking ART for the past 3 years. I am looking for better health n good immunity. What should I do?
Sir my mother have heavy headache or migraine and no any medicine work on it and it is stay even 4 days in a month please tell me the solutions regarding it.
I had fever from 20 days I tested my blood and it says typhyd positive so which medicine should take for that.
I have vitamin d deficiency-19.5ng/ml as per reports and also iron deficiency-64.3ug/dl. What to do.
Recently I noticed that the amount of semen ejaculated during intercourse is less for me as compared to before. As we were planning for our first child will this be a concern?
I am 23 years old male and my hands have been shivering without my intention when I am in tension since many years. What should I do?
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.