Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoumyaYour feedback matters!
My mother operated last year of uterus removal bt last night she saw small quantity of blood coming is this normal?
I'm 26 single. I have done sex with 2 persons without protection before 2 yrs. Now i'm in contact with a married person who have a 2 year baby without any protection. If I get married, will I suffer from any diseases (HIV).
I have chest tumor in nipple very hard. This is not pain but I have in very depression this about. What is treatment.
Pcod is one of the leading reasons for obesity, infertility and irregular menstrual cycles. Though women across the globe suffer from this disorder, treatment for each woman might vary.
Few tips are here:
1. Choose better fats
Too much saturated fat in the diet can lead to weight gain, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Limit foods that contain saturated fats. Instead of these bad fats, choose smaller amounts of healthy unsaturated fats, which are found in vegetable oils like virgin coconut and olive oil, avocado and nuts. Aim for a total of 30 to 45ml of healthy fats each day.
2. Increase fibre
Eating more fibre can help maintain blood sugar levels and lower your cholesterol. Plus, fibre helps make you feel full, so you tend to eat less. This can help with weight control. Aim for 21 to 25 grams per day.
3. Here are some high fibre foods to try:
- Fruit – especially pears and oranges
- Vegetables – especially peas, spinach, and broccoli
- Whole grains – such as oats, brown rice, whole wheat, and barley
- Legumes – such as lentils, chickpeas, soybeans, and kidney beans
- Cereals made with wheat bran or whole grain oats
- Nuts and seeds – such as almonds, flax, and sunflower seeds
Similar to fibre, protein also helps you feel full for longer, so you will eat less. This is a great way to help control your weight. Make sure that you have some protein at every meal and snack like egg fish or try vegetarian options such as legumes, soy or a quarter cup of nuts or seeds. Milk and low fat yogurt are also good sources of protein.
4. Foods to limit
Some foods cause weight gain if you eat them often. Choose fewer foods that are high in sugar, salt, refined flour and fat such as:
- White rice, pasta or bread
- Baked goods
- Regular soda
- Candy and chocolate
- Salty snacks
- Be active
5. Try to get at least 2 ½ hours of exercise each week. Start with 10 minutes of activity and work up to longer times as your body adjusts. Even if you don’t lose weight, exercise can help control your blood sugar and cholesterol levels and lower your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
Hello doctor, I'm little scared right now since it was my first time as my fiance didn't use condoms while having sex! I'm 24 years old and I had a intercourse sex on Saturday night, I took the pill on Sunday night. Are there any chances that I'll get pregnant?
A Lower Body Lift is also called a belt lipectomy, is an increasingly popular type of surgery. The aim of this surgery is to eliminate or improve excessive or sagging of thigh and buttock skin from the area. This surgery is mostly opted to enhance the physical appearance and is becoming increasingly popular these days.
Causes to undergo Lower Body Lift:
- A Lower body lift may be undergone when, due to extreme weight loss or advanced age, the skin in the buttocks, thighs and abdomen becomes loose and appears to be sagging
- Apart from loosening the skin, weight loss can also make the buttocks & thighs and abdomen look deformed or de-shaped. In that case, a Lower Body Lift helps the patient correct the area.
Lower body lift are most likely to be successful when:
- The layers of fat beneath the skin of the patient are relatively thin.
- The patient does not smoke, as smoking slows down the healing process and also increases the risk of post surgery complications.
- The patient's weight does not fluctuate a lot. He or she must have stable weight for at least a year before the surgery.
- The overall health of the patient is good, and he or she does not suffer from chronic medical conditions.
How is the surgery performed?
- Depending on the body type and other condition of the patient, the doctors make a circumferential incision at the waist or slightly below that area.
- After that, the excess fat or skin is removed from the soft tissue that is present there. Following this, the skin is closed up in layers and tightened.
Things to keep in mind before the surgery:
- It may take a few months to recover fully, post surgery
- Weight gain or loss in the future may affect the results of the surgery