Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoumyaYour feedback matters!
I lost my periods dis month my date was feb 27th. 2 days back I have done pregnancy test it showed positive how should I take precautions n also With this is that conform I am pregnant When should I go to Dr.
My age is 38. I am facing stomach pain during my periods since the time I was matured in 15 years. I am regularly using meftal spa during that period. But nowadays that has also become ineffective. Please suggest.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
I am on weight loss programmer, but my bowel movement has become irregular now. (On alternate days) Moreover I have severe bloating and flautilance with a filthy smell which was never before. When I work out it becomes more. Please help.
I did my ivf 7 times I got failure when embryo transfer that I got too much pain If I do ivf with anthiesa means there is any problem?
Wanted to ask whether we can have a child. Husband is HIV infected since Five years, CD4 report is good like 1200, 1400 1700. Please tell can we have a child with unprotected sex, and that too a normal child without any infection of HIV. Please advise.
I am 29 years old got married 2years back still not concieved my hsg report showed tht my tubes r blocked nd I had a surgery in 2009 for borderline mucinous tumour nd my left ovary is removed could u advice me any thing.
M 21 suffering from pcod since 5 months m married for 7 months yesterday was day 8 n my follicles we're about 3 to 6 mm n 23 in left n 18 in right will I have chance to get pregnant this time is 3 to 6 mm of follicle is Normal on day 8 please help me out.
I am a 31 year old female and have had pcos/pcod for past five years iv had abnormal hair growth, hair fall, acne issues and weight issues too. I wanted to know if there is any special treatment or diet that can be incorporated to fix it. I am actually not sure if I have pcos or pcod either.
Clinical studies have proven ginger’s effectiveness at calming nausea and vomiting. Research has also confirmed its potential against chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). The majority of studies found a positive effect against this side effect of aggressive therapies. Ginger may be a powerful option for those suffering from toxic medical procedures.
2. Digestive Tract Protection
Ginger has also been historically used for flatulence, constipation, bloating, and other digestive complaints. In addition to these gastro-protective effects, researchers have found ginger to be effective for stress related ulcers.
3. Brain Health
Ginger contains compounds that have demonstrated protective effects for the brain. One of them, known as 6-Shogaol, inhibited the release and expression of redness-causing chemicals known to cause damage to neurons in both in vitro and in vivo models. The other, 10-gingerol, when sourced from fresh ginger, similarly impacted production of nitric oxide and other chemicals that lead to redness and swelling in the brain.
4. Migraine Relief
In a clinical trial, 100 patients received ginger powder or a drug given to migraine sufferers. The results showed the ginger powder helped reduce migraine related discomfort… without side effects.
5. Supports Stable Blood Sugar
Ginger has repeatedly demonstrated powerful blood sugar balancing effects. It acts on insulin release and sensitivity, and supports the metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids. In one study, insulin levels noticeably lowered with ginger supplementation. In addition to its effectiveness as a blood sugar stabilizer, ginger has also demonstrated powerful protective effects against diabetic kidney.
I am 30 years old and have PCOS since 2013 and I got married 1 year back due to some personal reason don't want baby at present. We are thinking by next year or so. Is there will be problem in conceiving that time. I am worried please help.
There was a time when only the elderly were at risk for a heart attack. Today however, anyone can have a heart attack. Symptoms of an oncoming heart attack are often misunderstood. When it comes to first aid for a heart attack, every second is precious and hence it is important to be clear about what a heart attack looks and feels like.
Here are a few symptoms of heart attacks to look out for.
- Feeling of weight on the chest
- Stomach pain with nausea and heartburn
- Radiating pain on the left side of the body, particularly on the arm
- Dizziness and shortness of breath
- Pain that moves from the chest to the throat and jaw
- Extreme exhaustion and weakness
- Cold sweat
The first thing to do if you or someone around you experiences a heart attack is to call a doctor. Call emergency services and ask for an ambulance to be sent at the earliest. Lie down and try to relax. Any form of exertion can worsen the situation. If you are alone, do not attempt to drive yourself anywhere. If an ambulance cannot get to you, ask someone around to drive you to the doctor.
Chewing on an aspirin immediately after a heart attack can help save a life. Aspirin has blood thinning properties that can increase the supply of blood to the heart. Studies have shown that chewing an aspirin is better than simply swallowing it in case of a heart attack.
If the patient loses consciousness at any point, check their heart rate. In case the person's heart stops beating attempt to perform CPR to restart the heart. This can restore partial supply of oxygenated blood to the heart. To perform CPR have the patient lie down on the ground and kneel beside them. Place your right palm on the center of their chest and place the left hand over it while interlocking the fingers. Keep your arms straight as you press down on the chest at regular intervals. Try and achieve 100 compressions a minute.
Living a healthy lifestyle can lower the risk of suffering from a heart attack. Cholesterol is one of the most common triggers of a heart attack. Eat a diet rich in fiber and low in fats and salt content can lower your cholesterol levels. This combined with regular exercise can also help maintain a healthy BMI that would in turn lower the risk of having a heart attack.