Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoumyaYour feedback matters!
Pls say the pregnancy time food diet .sleeping times all the things which can do in pregnancy period.
Hi I'm 7th month pregnancy. N staying away from hometown n personal gynecologist for two months now are there any tests to be conducted in this month or later? Using iron n calcium with folic acid tablets. Is there anything I have to take care of?
Hello. I am having little bit of headache and nausea. And menstruation date is on 23rd yesterday I had little back pain and cramp for 5min later it was ok. Is that the sign of pregnancy? Please help me doctor.
I had sex on 21 Feb in morning. My periods in Feb starts on 11 but now in march periods had not come till today 16 march. I had done sex with protection. Please tell me what to do?
I am 38 years old having two kids but nowadays I am suffering from pain in my stomach nd in my back during periods nd sometimes dis pain becomes unbearable dis pain has been started from the age of 33 please suggest me wat to do.
recently I found that I am 5 weeks pregnant. My doc prescribed me folic acid and susten sr 200 .she said I am above 30 years. I should take susten sr 200 which is hormonal medicine. Is it necessary to take this .what is its importance. I hope this will be safe.
When a person is aroused there are a host of hormonal changes within the person's body. These changes do manifest on the surface in the form of certain physical variations. Sexual stimulation happens to alter the state of human genitalia and that too in obvious ways. The blood flow to the concerned area increases, there is enough of natural lubrication in and around the organ and for women, the vagina loosens up and the clitoris swells. Intercourse followed by a climactic release will make the clitoris regain its original size. However, worries crop up when that is not the case with every single female. This serious medical condition of a swollen clitoris should never be overlooked; it must be treated by seeking experienced medical assistance.
- Trauma: Any slight scratch or one wrong touch can cause a swollen clitoris. Even a scratch of your fingernail while you are masturbating or a rough sexual intercourse can and is enough to create trauma in your clitoris.
- Hair: Hair grows normally around your genital area. It is very common for a woman to have pubic hair. But sometimes small hair splinters lead to trouble and hair gets stuck into your clitoris and causes swelling. This is a very annoying process, sometimes you may have to use a magnifying glass to remove the hair from your clitoris.
- Clothing: Sometimes your tight clothes can result in a swollen clitoris. The friction from your rough clothing material can cause your clitoris to swell. Sometimes you may be using a detergent that is not suitable for you or you may be wearing a dress material, which you're allergic to. You should always wash your clothes in plain water and dry it before using.
- Infection: You may also have some bacterial and fungal infection in your clitoris, which can cause a swollen clitoris. This infection can also invite itchiness and redness and these can make it even worse. If it doesn't subside within some days then you should definitely see a doctor.
- Cysts: Small cysts known as Bartholomew's cysts can grow on the clitoris. This thing hampers the natural lubrication of the body. If you are having clitoris swelling because of cysts then you should seek medical attention immediately.
Your clitoris is naturally sensitive and if you are having a swollen clitoris after intercourse then you should pull back from sexual intercourse for a few days. At times the swelling goes away on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.