Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. SonaliYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. From last 3 years I feels that I can't sleep properly please tell what I should do?
I have my stomach problem since 5 days. It is a big problem for me. I can't be able to eat food as much as I need. So, I am getting weak day by day. Please solve issue as soon as possible. I am thankful for it.
I am suffering from cold from last 2 weeks. please suggest me some good medicine to solve this problem.
If stressed, consuming certain food and medications can trigger skin rashes. This kind of rash is called hives. It is also known as urticaria. Anyone can be affected by hives, at least 20% of people are affected by hives at some time or the other in their lives. The itching could be severe or mild. It starts as a patch of scaly white skin that develops into red welts over time. To make sure the itching does not worsen, scratching, emotional stress, alcoholic drinks and exercise should be avoided.
- Itchy bumps that are raised and are either red or flesh coloured
- If the hive is pressed in the middle, the skin whitens this symptom is called blanching.
- The hive formation can appear anywhere, disappear and then reappear somewhere else.
- Certain food like shellfish, eggs, peanuts and other nuts
- Certain medicines like antibiotics, ibuprofen and aspirin
- Insect bites or stings
- Physical causes like pressure, sun exposure, cold, exercise and heat
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial infections
- Pet allergens
- Viral infections like the common cold, hepatitis and infectious mononucleosis
- Certain plants like poison ivy and poison oak
There is no distinct cure for hives. But you can control its symptoms in the following ways:
- Antihistamines help in blocking histamines, which cause the allergy symptoms. Non sedating or low sedating Antihistamines will be mostly recommended by your doctor.
- If episodes of hives are several, it may require limited treatment with prednisone. Prednisone will be able to lessen the symptoms.
- If the symptoms get severe enough so much so that it swells up your tongue and you have problem breathing, then the doctor might prescribe an epinephrine. However, these symptoms can mean another thing, an anaphylaxis shock. Epinephrine is the only treatment for an anaphylaxis shock.
If what caused hives to break out is figured out, then measures should be taken to avoid or eliminate the triggers.
- Avoid eating food items that triggered the symptoms in the first place
- If harsh soaps, frequent bathing cause hives, they should be avoided
- Tight clothing should be avoided
- If cold triggers hives, then wear warm clothing, wrap a scarf and do not swim in cold water.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear sunblock
- If a specific medication is causing the hives, inform your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I masturbate twice a day. Even sometimes thrice a day. Will it cause any problem? When I masturbate thrice a day I get pain in penis when there is erection after 3 masturbation.
Need to know how to increase an stamina while having an intercourse also need to know how to increase an sperm count and volume.
I am a 48 yr male suffering diabetes since last 5 months. Now I am taking Jalra M 50/1000 as advised by my doctor 1 tab. Daily and my blood sugar is in control. I want to know that can I will be cure? When I will be able to leave the medicines?
How home made rich food can affect diabetes. I observed much increase in sugar level after intake of rich food. Can I take rich food once in a week.
Am 35 years married boy please suggest me ayurvedic medicine for erectile problem, premature ejaculation, & also for long time intercourse.
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
I am 46 years old and having low Vit B13 <83. I am facing problem on my tongue swelling. Gums swelling. Is it due to vit b12 deficiency. Please advise me medicines.
Health Benefits Of Cardamom
Cardamom is native to the evergreen forests of India. This spice is commonly used in Indian cuisine, but it has also made its way into Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment for mouth ulcers, digestive problems, and even depression. Some of the health benefits of this peppery, citrus spice are now making their way into modern studies. It's well worth adding cardamom to your food for the flavor alone, but these health benefits are also something to consider whenever you break out the spices.
Cardamom is related to ginger and can be used in much the same way to counteract digestive problems. Use it to combat nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more.
This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
Halitosis in India they chew cardamom after meals or whenever they need to freshen their breath.
Part of the reason cardamom is such a good detoxifies is thanks to the diuretic properties. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder, and kidneys, removing waste, salt, excess water, toxins, and combating infections too.
The science behind the antidepressant qualities of cardamom hasn't been studied yet, but ayurvedic medicine swears by the tea as a means to fight depression.
Apart from helping with bad breath, cardamom is used for mouth ulcers and infections of the mouth and throat.
Cold and flu
This pungent spice may help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It's also used for bronchitis and coughs.
Animal studies are showing promise that cardamom protects against, inhibits growth, and even kills some cancers.
As a diuretic and fibre rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
Many of the vitamins, phytonutrients, and essential oils in cardamom act as antioxidants, cleaning up free radicals and resisting cellular ageing.
The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold.
Like ginger and turmeric, its relatives, cardamom has some anti-inflammatory properties that limit pain and swelling, especially in mucus membranes, the mouth, and throat.
Cardamom is an anti-spasmodic that can help get rid of hiccups. This also applies to other involuntary muscle spasms, like stomach and intestinal cramps.
Traditional medicine lists cardamom as a powerful aphrodisiac that can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.