Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Smruti IngoleYour feedback matters!
I have lost my concentration. I can not focus on one thing. I get worried a lot. My mind is constantly thinking something else or the other. I want to calm myself down. Please help me.
Dear Dr. I am alcoholic. I want to leave this bad habits so Dr. Please suggest d remedy for my habits. I can't resist without drinking. I want to live this habit. Regards
I am balesh 24 years old .i have a talking problem that means I have taken so much time to speak some words. Its not came with my birth. I have problem this from my 5th class. Please give me suggestion that to which doctor I need to consult to solve my problem.
I think I have schizophrenia disorder. Im under lots of family problems at home and it affects me outside of the house and my actions mood and behavior in public. I'm very delusional of my whole family and they look for things behind my back without me saying yes it's like I have no saying or freedom to live comfortable and I'm going mentally health problems it that correct it's schizophrenia disorder.
I am a bsc 2nd years student (microbiology. I am very emotional .I trust people very quickly. So I hearted by them. Any bad condition (relationships problem, family problem, friendship problem etc) I lost my control & I can't concentrate in my study. I don't know why all situation effect my study My question is any bad situation how I control myself &focused on study? please sir/mam help me how control my emotion?
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.
My anger is uncontrollable. In anger I became so mad that I try to kill myself. And I also become angry very quickly even without any great reason. I hit my head on wall in anger and also try to suicide. Help me please.
Sir, I didn't do well in my cat entrance.& I just got 86 percentile. I am feeling like quiting studies. M very depressed. I do not feel like eating. Getting thinner day by day. Please help.
I am 21 male and have been smoking for last 6 years. I want to quit as I am facing health degradation and weight loss. Can you suggest me some ways to gain weight faster?
I have a night shift at my work place and daily I have pain.in my whole body and tiredness. Wat is the reason.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
My wife aged 50 years feels that others are talking about her for last 20 years &abuses others frequetly.What should i do.
I am 47+ male started having acute pain in right elbow since 5-6 months. To share with you more during the day I don't feel much. But when I get up in the morning I feel acute pain. Please advise.
Hello every one! my problem is I get used to think whole day more n more my mind never stop like a reel is playing in my mind continuesly. Dnt know why is happening this to me. Negative thoughts came and anxiety fear of dying is happen most of the time. Dnt know why? I tried mdd xr, cnotril, petril md. But did not worked on me then I droped it and start meditation and yoga and join gym now this will happen when I am alone and I think I am in pressure or dnt know may be depressed plzzz help mee xr, cnotril, petril md. But did not worked kn me then I droped it and start meditation and yoga and join gym now this will happen when I am alone and I think I am in pressure or dnt know may be depressed pleasecontinuously. Dnt know why is happening this to me.
My wife is aged 45 and she is having body pain since last 15 days. Since last 2 days she is also complaining about back shoulder pain stretching towards neck. Sometimes she also feel numbness in left arm. What could be the possible reasons?
Sir mai jab sex karta hoon tab 1 min ke under birya nikal jaate hai aur baad me sex nehi kar pata. Phir mera wife mujhpar gussa hote hai. Kya aap mujhe aisi medicine ke baare me batayenge jo ki jyada time tak sex kar saku please. Aur ek baat shadi se pehle mujhe sapna dosh ki problem thi. Matlab mahine me 4 ya 5 baar hota tha.
The foremost thing that you can do to save your relationship is get your spouse treated for depression. When you are depressed, whether it is because of your relationship with your partner or some other reason, you must make joint efforts to save your relationship. Non depressed spouse has to take the lead. A relationship cannot go further only with the patience of one partner. Efforts and care of both the partners go hand in hand.
However, there are few things you can do even when you or your partner is depressed.
1. Communication: Don’t stop communicating with your partner. It’s very important to understand your partner’s viewpoint and to make him understand your viewpoint. Until, both of you share your thoughts and concerns; you will not be able to save the relationship.
2. Think about your commitment: When you are depressed, you might make your partner responsible for all the wrong things. You need to be wise. Don’t let one bad moment spoil your years of relationship. Think of the commitment you have made to your partner and then you might handle the situation in a more loving way.
3. Don’t leave your partner alone for longer time: After presenting your viewpoint, you must give your partner some time to digest everything. What is easy for you might be difficult for him and what is difficult for you might be easy for him? In such a case, you need to leave him alone for some time but do take care that this silence shouldn’t continue for a longer time.
4. Don’t play blame games: If you are depressed, you shouldn’t let your partner suffer from that. Do not strain the relationship any further by playing blame games. That will not help. When your spouse says something that seems negative try not to personalize it, even if it's directed at you. Attribute it to the state of depression.
While this can be a very difficult time for both you and your spouse, you can weather this storm with compassion and empathy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.