Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivram PrakashYour feedback matters!
What is LASIK ?
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision.Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
I got married before nearly 2 years but we don't have baby, after having sex all the spoum poured out from my wife organ, is this reason for not Having baby and if yes what is the solution for it?
Hello. I have some confusion related to pregnancy. I had suffered from miscarriage about 7 months back. Now I thing I'm pregnant. My expected period date is 19 Nov. But since last week I have lower abdominal pain. My period is comes early about 5 days every months but still it not comes. So what I have to do? Wait for periods or take pregnancy test? Pain is too much n im scared from miscarriage.
Hello, I am 24 years old, my weight is 68 kgs and height is 5'2 I am suffering from pcod because of which I have not received my periods from 6 months. Please help me with this.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but she is facing problem in bathroom unable to do potty so please suggest us what will do ?
I had protected sex 6 to 7 times I got my last periods on 8th sep but this month I got periods on 4th Oct itself is there chances of pregnancy.
Dear sir yesterday I had done sex with my boyfriend and after sex I taken unwanted 72 within 5 hours is there any chance of pregnancy and is unwanted 72 affect my monthly periods cycle? Please help me I am tensed.
Mam. Am 25 year old I have 10mnth baby girl. And yesterday after checkuping doctor said am pregnant and she gave abortion tablets. After having I got bleeding hw many days I have bleeding. And wen it stops.
Hello doctor. I am trying to get conceive. Actually I can feel pain in stomach and get whitening during ovulation .to get pregnant when should keep intercourse before or after pain ? Before pain or after pain wen der ll b d release of egg which Is the right time .today is my 11th day I can feel dat pain suddenly is this d right time to try for getting pregnant ?
My wife is now 2 months pregnant but she has regular vomiting problem and also she is always feel weakness. By Age she is 28 She is taking proper rest and earlier she don't have any health issue. Please help in this matter and guide. What precaution she have to take for better health of her and child.
Sir/mam I had recently done medicated abortion. I am not having bleeding now, its been a full month now but I dint got my periods yet .iam also having white discharge. What is the reason.
Hi, I am facing cavity problem since 2 days. (Small tiny hole at left inner upper teeth) Can anyone suggest best solution? Is anything serious or filling gives solution? I am abort to consult doctor!
Healthy eating gives kids the energy they need for their busy days.
Here are some great ways to make it easier.
Breakfast is important: it can be up to 12 hrs since their last meal, so kids need to refuel for the day ahead. Give him healthy choices like cereal and reduced fat milk, toast, fresh fruit, eggs on toast, juice and reduced fat yoghurt.
Water works: get kids into the habit of drinking water to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
Snack smart: encourage your kids to take an interest in their health early in life by planning their own healthy snacks-this will help them look for a healthy diet when they get older.
Get cooking: food is not just about good nutrition; it's one of life's great pleasures. Transform your kids into young cooks-even young children can help peel carrots, pod peas, great cheese, put together tacos or design their own healthy pizza toping. If they've helped make it, they'll be more likely to enjoy eating it.
Slow and steady: encourage them to eat slowly. This prevents overeating and helps them recognize when they're full.
Eat at the table: eating snacks and meals sitting down at the table or kitchen bench instead of in front of the tv is good habit for the whole family.
Get a balance: variety and balance are the keep to helping a child enjoy a healthy diet. Aim to eat a variety of foods each day (this depends on the age of the child) including fruit, vegetables breads and cereals, lean meat or fish and reduced fat dairy products.
Tasty exploration: encourage kids to try different food. Exposure to lots of different tastes and flavours adds excitement to meals.