Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sharmila MhaskarYour feedback matters!
I am suffer from knee pain from a very long time, presently I am 46 year old please tell me some home remedies.
I am 46 years old suffering from pain in knees and arms. Mostly in left leg and arm mostly during night. I am having cholesterol and vitamin d is around 12. Pls suggest.
Meri aayu 61 year ki ha. mai 20 year se dm2 se pidit hu. Aaj kal meri sugar 230 to 300chal rahi h. Mai homalog mix25 inj leta hu. Tab. Metaformin&gelwas le raha hu is samye mere ghutno me 5 ya 6 din se dard hai & gupt ang me bhi khujli or dard rehta h. Aankho se bhi kam dikh raha h
Knee pains, pls help. Taking stairs and getting up from a chair. And also very bad fungal itching in the vagina. Had taken lot of medicines but nothing seems to help and the nights are miserable.
I am feeling pains in my body whenever I wake up from sleep. Heavy pains so that I have to sit for a couple of minutes and have to my works. Any suggestions regarding this.
I am 25 year old male, and I feel that my right leg is weaker than my left leg and feel tightness on my thigh and caff muscles. I have noticed this problem since October 2014. What could be the reason?
I am 25 years old girl, and having waist pain andmy height is 5'4" and my weight is 68kg. How can reduce it?
I am a 35 years old man. I am suffering from pain over the whole body including head, neck, shoulders, arms, palm, back, thighs, calf and ankles. Whenever any part of my body aches I gets stressed and worry for a long time about the same. My blood sugar, lipid profile, uric acid are within normal limits. My doctor has prescribed Epalrica MP once daily after dinner for one month. I have learn that it is used to treat diabetic neuropathy. As my blood sugar is within normal limits is it the right medicine for my condition?
I have severe pain in right leg and right hip I cannot walk or stand for long can you tell me medicine my age is 36.
I have back pain from 4 months if I walk continuously for 20 minutes or even if I stand straight with my chest out and shoulders back for more than 10 minutes or if I climb stairs if I ride motorbike for more than 25 minutes per day or even if I climb stairs. Could you please give some suggestions to recover.
Hi, I am male 29 yrs, I am experiencing hot flush in both my legs for few seconds. And have severe pain in my ankle when I wake up in the morning. I am currently taking ibuprofen 400 mg 3x day please advise.
My brother 30 year old male. And today he was fall from a step. Now he had a pain on his hand & back. What should he do?
I fell from bike during accident, no bone break but still arm is paining. Please tell me the solution.
Oh my aching Heel!! The combination of foot and ankle consists of 26 bones, 33 joints and an excess of 100 tendons. The longest bone present in the foot is the heel. Over usage or injury to the heel would lead you to experience pain in the heels. The severity of the heal pain can range from mild to excruciating.
The cause behind heel pain is typically associated with excess usage of the heel bone (learn more about to maintain bone and joint health). Straining of your heel occurs if you excessively pound your feet on surfaces that are hard, or you are overweight or even if you wear shoes that do not fit your feet properly. These strains cause irritation in the muscles, bones or tendons that are present in the heels. Some of the other common causes include:
- Heel Spurs: Development of heel spurs occurs due to the continuous stretching of the lining, which covers the heel. Upon continuous stretching, pieces of the lining tend to break off. Development of heel spurs is common in athletes who frequently jog or run. People who are obese also tend to experience pain due to heel spurs.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Development of Plantar Fasciitis occurs due to the inflammation of the tendinous tissue that connects the heel to the ball of the foot. Development of Plantar Fasciitis is common in athletes who frequently jog or run as well as people who wear shoes that don't fit the feet properly. It may occasionally be associated with Vitamin B12 deficiency and raised uric acid in blood
- Achilles Tendinitis: This is the inflammation of the Achilles tendon. Achilles Tendinitis occurs commonly in people who have active lifestyles, such as people who are joggers, runners or even dancers.
Physical therapy, medication or alternative treatments can be used to treat this form of pain. Medications for heel pain can only be in the form of anti-inflammatory drugs. Although these oral medications cannot significantly relieve heel pain, some injections containing substances such as corticosteroids, as well as Arthrocentesis (removal of fluid present in joints using hollow needles) might be able to provide relief. Recently PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection have been found very useful in treating recalcitrant Plantar fasciitis and heel pains.
Common practices that can be used to relieve discomfort include:
- Application of ice to the heel for a duration of 15 minutes daily.
- Utilize over-the-counter pain medications .
- Have adequate amounts of rest .
- Wear shoes that fit properly .
- Walking on tip toes to stretch the plantar fascia helps to relieve heel pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.