Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
I am 21 year female , more often I suffer with backache and my left hand also pains when on long walks or done lot of rush all day . Is that normal?
This is sailaja age 25, I have vitamin d deficiency later I was diagnosed with pcos and I am suffering from lower back pain can you please suggest me what should I do to overcome all these problems as I need to get married soon. I already took vitamin d supplements and taking homeopathic medication for pcos but no use since 8 months. Thank you.
I am suffering from extreme neck pains. I consulted a doctor and he said my muscles are weak. How can it be cured by natural ways?
I am suffering from pain in my lower back area. And I have done the sonography which says enlarged liver with heterogenous parenchyma with calcification in the right lobe and moderate fullness of pelvis of right kidney with prominent right proximal ureter, reports attached here, all the blood test reports are normal except sonography and the x-ray report shows radiograph kub -no radio opaque calculus is seen in kub region. Please suggest me the remedy as I am really disturbed by this pain. Please reply soon.
The thumb of legs are getting titled towards inward direction. Why this is happening will the alignment will go more inward and how I cure it.
I have a desk job since last three years I have daily severe pain in my back and shoulders pain also what can I do please give me solution what can I do?
I suffered with a stone in my kidney (0.05 mm) before one year back and solved but I have pain in my back now what should I do.
Sir I m 17 years old and I m a rider therefore at a back their is a pain cause not seat properly please give medicine.
I am 22 years old male and have backache for last 3 months I have use pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't I got any relief what should I do now.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.