Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanyorita
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. SanyoritaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have fear that if thought something bad and at that time I do any activities I will repeat it because I thing something bad will happen is this was a fate please answer I am in critical situation.
Alcohol is a major source of erection problems. A number of people who are hooked on alcohol suffer from brewer`s droop which is a state of male flaccidity that unable people to get erection.
- Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol consumption is the major cause of unwise sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgement and this means that a lot of young people mistake it as something that boost horniness but as is common knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully sober.
- Researchers have found that too much alcohol affects both your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
- That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
- It is important that alcohol consumption should be kept to a minimum as it impairs your ability to enjoy sex and also can cause health issues on sexual health in the short and long term.
I would like to tell you more about my anxiety like stress, low confidence, worried for future, worried get job in IT field, some time uncomfortable talk in crowd, some time uncomfortable in public it's happening from 1 year Please sir help me out.
How common is mental illness? What are the most frequent types of mental illness? How are mental health diagnoses made in young children? Are there early warns signs to look out for before the illnesses reach a critical state?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed prefer keeping myself all the time. Please help me.
Borderline Personality Disorder is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. An individual suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. Individuals suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the individual's life from early adulthood. It, however, seems to improve with age. The individuals also have distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The individual often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to individuals who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the individual's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the individual. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am suffering from depression as I have been into a relationship for 5 years and broke up with that guy because of which I am unable to concentrate on my studies and carrier.
Mere sath ek problem ho rahi h jab bhi mein smoking karta hu mere forehead ke centre par pain start hone lagta hai mind kaam nhi karta hai focus bhi nahi ban paata h.ab aap khaoge smoking mat kiya kaaro. Smoking kam nahi hoti hai. Please kuch suggest kare.
Schizophrenia is a complex disorder that includes delusions, loss of personality, confusion, aggression, social withdrawal and mystic behavior. People suffering from schizophrenia may apparently hear voices or tend to feel that others are controlling their minds, their thoughts or plotting against them.
Schizophrenia can be hereditary. But the condition cannot be predicted except in the case of strong family history. Also, while prediction of Schizophrenia is difficult, its prevention is no easy. It cannot be prevented except where it occurs due to drug abuse like cannabis. Also, prevention can only be talked about in first episode cases and the best way to prevent is to take medicines properly.
Three ways to keep Schizophrenia at bay:
1. Socializing and meeting people - Socializing helps you build up a high self-esteem, lowers stress and keeps you busy and distracted. It is important to connect with friends to avoid isolation.
2. Exercise and Diet - Exercise and intake of high nutrition diet are important to take care of your body. Fish oil has omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent psychotic disorders from getting worse. Consumption of these types of foods can prove to be beneficial in preventing the disorder.
3. Timely consultation - Consulting a psychiatrist if you have any symptoms, like suspicious feelings or unusual thoughts is an essential step to regulate the condition before it fully develops.