Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Vhora
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay VhoraYour feedback matters!
Since last three days I'm getting migraines I need a quick remedy. And also some suggestion to avoid getting any more in future.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
Dr. I am 24 years old. My left foot and 2 fingers are numb. It all started in may. I took vitamin b 12 injection as well as tablets for 1 month. Again I was tested to be having pre diabates. My doctor said it is signs of diabatees neuropathy. Now my fbs is 87 and after food is 125. The numbness is now moving upwards. Sometimes some burning sensation is there. But no pain. I did not have any accident or damage to my spinal cord. I am overweight sir please guide me what to do? I am afraid.
I am 56 years old working in railways as a design egineer. I am finding the symptoms of parkinsons. Can you suggest me right ayurvedic medicine.
What are the symptoms for migraine? How can I find my child having migraine? What are the treatments?
My brother have a disease called migraine, we consult a doctor and he said that it was a legacy disorder, it was came from our grandfathers, but we ask to our father about this disease, they are not agree with this that they have this, so what kind of symptom is this.
MRI of my brain shows that l have mild narrow arteries disease. Should I take Ecosprin 75 AV10 as advised by one neurologist and another asked to stop it since I developed severe leg pain in both legs?
Suffering from anxiety take etilam 0.5 2 tabs and prothiaden 25 mg 2 tab at nights feel better in day sleep problems at night and few anxiety.
Hi Muscular distrofy problem mostly who person. Boy or girl. Its genetic problem. or birth time sercumtancy create problem,Please help
Hi i' am 22 male. I have a calf muscles problem. I don't know how to describe properly I cant say its pain but a feeling of uncomfortable and numbness I guess. Well I usually dont feel it when I am walking but it starts the uncomfortable feeling when ever I lay or try to take rest. And not only that it get worse after sleep. So what could be the reason I went to doctor and asked about it but he didnt took it seriously. He told me that the reason could probably because I dont do exercise. Yes I usually sleep all the time. Thank you
As there is no use of migraine tablet for migraine headache, now using naprocyn tablets frequently. is there any side effect of that.
I have a serious problem of forgetting the things I think this is the weakness in brain capacity, What should I do?
My penis getting sore or numb. This happened for three times. I am afraid of that. Is that any solution to clear it, I don't know whether it is normal to all human. Please get me good solution.
I am 31 years female. I just visited neurologist because I have been facing problem with my left foot. There is no pain even not muscle pain neither bone pain. Problem with my leg is it is just not able to take a load on it. So while wailking, my walk goes left right. I am not able to walk striaght. Neurologist asked me to do mri. Result showed this is due to multiple sclerosis (m. S.) doctor said there is no cure for it. Just we can avoid it to spread it further. Apart from this I am facing weakness at times. Once after I have my meals I feel better. Also not able to stand for a longer period. I had also gone for a blood check which showed vitamin d3 is less than 8 where it has to me more than 30. Please revert thank you.
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other. A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!