Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay JoshiYour feedback matters!
CAn you pls tell me which is the best & simplest way to reduce dark spot pimples and to achieve clear skin?
Dear Sir, I have few Tags around my neck and one close to my eye in my face. How to over come with this problem sir ?
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Related Tip: Best Summer Hair Care Regimen for Lifeless Hair?