Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep NikamYour feedback matters!
Sir, Can a normal person with no health problems can take sea cod fish oil capsules? Does it contain omega 3 fatty acid?
Hair loss is a very common problem and a number of people face this issue. There are numerous reasons that can account for hair loss. As we already know, it is normal to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. This is because the rate of hair loss can be replenished, however, the moment the hair fall rate increases, hair loss problems start occurring.
Although reasons for hair loss may vary from person to person, here are a few common reasons for hair loss
- Hereditary i.e it happens in people with a family history of baldness
- Post pregnancy is also another phase, which can cause hairfall
- Major illness, surgeries, or severe traumatic events can trigger major hair loss
- Hormonal disturbances like PCOS, menopausal changes etc causes hyperandrogenism which results in hairfall and hair thinning
- Certain medicatition can also cause hairfall
- Physical or emotional shock and extreme stress can cause enormous hair fall
- A diet which lacks sufficient amount of vitamin D, iron, protein, vitamin B12 deficiencies and other required nutrients can be a reason for hair thinning
Now that we have talked about the causes, it is important we discuss the solutions; here is a list of treatments for hair loss which might be very efficient.
- PRP therapy: Platelet rich plasma therapy is a hair restoration therapy which essentially gives natural looking results. Platelet rich plasma is prepared from the patient's own blood using a strict protocol and is injected on scalp with fine needles. Growth factors released from blood cells called platelets do their job and hair re-grows in a very natural way.
- Mesotherapy: This is a treatment that essentially stimulates the mesoderm using superficial microinjections into the target tissues, thus relieving a number of symptoms. In this therapy, the hair follicles grow and survive and proper blood circulation is stimulated.
- Micro needling: This is another method used to treat hair loss. In this treatment the skin is poked with numerous tiny needles causing micro-injury, thereby, causing the skin to stimulate collagen and also induce hair growth on the scalp.
Primarily the underlying disorders need to be addressed with relevant treatments after thorough investigation. Appropriate topical and oral medications are advised. Along with these, the above mentioned procedures are used to treat a problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have suffering from fever and also pain in head. I am taking medicine and but no feel better. What should I do?
Lybrate | Dr. Aratrka Basu speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY