Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.G.Deshpande
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.G.DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I want to get a fair tone of skin. Or my old colour. I was fair while a child as I grew older I got darker or tanned. Please suggest me something to get back my old colour.
Is there any treatment for alopecia areata, I have a bald patch on my moustache and a same type of patch on my head just above my neck. Please suggest me some medical assistance which can be reliable and useful.
I am suffering from hair loss as I am having lot of dandruff, scalp is week & black, even I have lot of pores and I have to do scratch my scalp. Please help.
I am female and 45 yrs old. How can I remove dark patches of sunburn from my forehead? It looks so ugly and my complesion looks very dark.
Skin has increased over the head of anus, which I have been doing a lot of pain, which is also the Fever please advice.
I am 28 years, I used" Clobetasol Propionate and Neomycin Sulphate cream" fore fairness any side effect.
The problem of an enlarged prostate or benign prostate hyperplasia is a very common occurrence as you grow older. It's known to strike men above the age of 50, with more than 50% of men after the age of 60, having this complaint.
Causes of enlarged prostate
A non-cancerous condition, enlarged prostate makes the passing of urine from the bladder through the urethra difficult. The multiplication of the prostate cells causes an enlargement of the gland, leading to a buildup of pressure on the urethra, affecting the discharge of urine from the body. The narrowing of the urethra, due to this benign condition, forces the bladder to contract more vigorously so as to push urine out of the body.
As time passes, the muscles of the bladder get significantly affected, causing them to become extremely sensitive, thicker and stronger. As a consequence, the bladder begins to contract, even if the amount of urine in the organ is negligible, causing episodes of frequent urination. Gradually, the bladder fails to completely empty itself of urine due to the constriction of the urethra. This can give rise to a number of health problems including the formation of bladder stones, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine and so on.
How can you identify the signs of the condition?
Signs of enlarged prostate are very easy to identify and include:
- A slow or weak urine flow
- Difficulty in initiating urination
- Instances of frequent urination
- A feeling of not completely emptying one's bladder
- Frequent urination during the night
- Exerting a lot to urinate
- Instances of dribbling
- Urgency to pass urine
- A feeling of urinating again minutes after doing so
- Urination that starts and stops. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Skin allergies causing dermatitis are very common and can be caused by allergic reactions to food substances like peanuts or eggs. However, it is more common when there is physical contact with some allergens, for example, nickel (used in belts and artificial jewellery; rubber in watch straps or wristbands). The person would usually develop an itch and rash, which could be localised or generalised.
Ayurveda believes in a two fold management of allergic dermatitis. While the first one is aimed at improved skin care routine, the second one is aimed at using natural remedies for managing dermatitis (rash and eczema).
- Avoid soap or use a mild soap, as it removes the acidic layers of the skin, which are essential for preventing infections.
- Use cold plain water in summer or take a warm bath during the winter season.
- Use a smooth, soft towel, and avoid rubbing.
- For dry skin, apply oil on your skin for an hour before taking bath. Alternately, add olive oil or neem oil to your bath water.
- Do not take frequent, long, or hot baths.
- Avoid stepping out during extreme weather.
- Keep away from blankets and woollens.
- Ensure your diet does not contain usual allergy-producing stuff like peanuts, eggs, milk, cheese, fish, etc.
- Avoid artificial jewellery, rubber footwear, fur, and synthetic fabrics which can increase the rash and eczema.
- Overall, get enough physical and mental rest, avoid taking the stress, and sleep well and eat well.
- Avoid scratching the affected skin.
- Preferably wear cotton and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
In addition to the above overall skin care measures, the affected area needs to be given additional care and treatment to relieve the symptoms.
- With its soothing properties, honey is proven to be very effective in treating many skin conditions. It can be diluted with water and applied on the affected area.
- This provides relief from the itching, which is very common with blisters. This is especially useful in the area under the eyes.
- Crushing a cup of oatmeal and adding it to the bath water helps in cleansing the skin and removes the dead skin. It also provides relief against irritation, soothes the skin, and provides relief from the itching.
- The juice of the tender leaves of tephrossia purpurea (sarapunkha) and terminal catapa (jangali badam) can be applied to the affected skin, which provides great relief. Twice a day, after meals, tries panchanimbaadi choornam.
- A paste of sesame oil, juice of arka and turmeric can be applied on the affected part.
- Mix two teaspoonful of pancha tikta ghrita guggul in warm milk and have it on an empty stomach. This mixture is an effective remedy for eczema.
- Kadirarista mixed with water in equal proportions can be consumed twice daily after meals.
- The next time you are faced with allergic skin reactions, try these measures and see the benefits for yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.